Skywest junior FO bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AirMugsy

Whats a common junior base to get assigned out of class for either the EMB or the CRJ?

you can get LAX on the bro, right out of class??? seriously......now where did i put skywest's number...

my 120 class [started on 3-13-06] got a mixed bag of base assignments. 2-6 people each got fresno, palm springs, portland, san luis, monterrey, santa barbara, and sacramento. brasilia bases are like a box of chocolates.

our class [4-3-06] got a mixed bag as well. Every base had at least one except for sfo, slc, and den. Also, the latest rumor from the instructors is one bro class every month till the end of the year. Jet transitions every month too...

What's a typical schedule like on the Brasilia? I see that there are a bunch or Kalifornia bases. Do you often end up in base at the end or the day, or do you have the typical 2-4 day trip?

Northern Lights said:
What's a typical schedule like on the Brasilia? Do you often end up in base at the end or the day, or do you have the typical 2-4 day trip?
Anyone?

What's a typical schedule like on the Brasilia? I see that there are a bunch or Kalifornia bases. Do you often end up in base at the end or the day, or do you have the typical 2-4 day trip?

SBA,SBP,MRY are usually all locals with an occasional smattering of 2-days. PSP, FAT,SAN,and SMF are something for everyone: locals, 2,3,and 4 days. These things sometimes change from month to month though so don't get to used to anything if you like it. SFO and LAX are reserve only bases. Everything on the bro is going relatively junior now on the FO side due to transitions, so it shouldn't take all that long to get where you want to go.

Best of luck.

Dam, i should not hav turned down that interview three years ago to stay at Mesaba. wow mesaba is messed up.....and i believe there are a lot of happy pilots at a company with no union? wow what bazzaro world do i live in.....

Latest resources

Back