Skywest, It's time to unify

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gr82Aviate said:
I think Boeing 76 is a dipspatcher, not a flight crewmember and therefore shouldn't be giving us his "2 cents worth"!!
Not a flight crewmember? Why don't you bring that attitude on in here to our Not-A-Crewmember office so I can show you my Not-A-Crewmember FAA Certificate.

Sorry everyone else - just had to throw a couple pennies at the dig on us dispatchers.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program of......

Bluto said:
Insults, slurs, wild accusations, empty promises, vague threats, emotionally charged letters from anonymous spouses...you name it. It's very entertaining.

The "attitude" is all coming from your end... I don't have anything against dispatchers. I'm just saying, you don't see me in a dispatch forum telling you guys that everything is just fine and dandy, and that you'd destroy the company by unionizing!

Last edited:
flyjumpseat said:
Not a flight crewmember? Why don't you bring that attitude on in here to our Not-A-Crewmember office so I can show you my Not-A-Crewmember FAA Certificate.

Apparently you need a definition of flight crewmember. Only pilots and flight engineers are flight crewmembers. Flight attendants are cabin crewmembers. Rampers are ground crewmembers. Get the picture? Just because your certificate has a fancy FAA emblem on it doesn't make you a flight crewmember and that's not meant as an insult. It's just a fact.

PCL - you're right. I apologize. The specific language differentiating the term "Flight Crewmember" is broken up into three catagories

1. Flightcrew (pilot in command, second in command, and flight engineer);
2. Flight attendant; and
3. Dispatcher

SO... technically we are Flight Crewmembers - NOT Flightcrew. (which is what I believe you are trying to say)

My fault for not making myself clear before.

Now, you wanna see my card with the fancy FAA emblem?

Bluto said:
Rez, I agree with most of what you wrote, but this part: Is a little over the top. Most kids have no idea whether their dad is a union member or not, and as long as the paycheck and QOL are there, most wives don't care either. As for the management, that's laughable. I've never seen evidence that management at an airline honestly respects any of their employee groups, especially the pilots. Oh, and my mom loves me regardless of my union affiliation (or lack thereof.);)

One of the dark truths at the heart of free-market capitalism: the unblinking willingness of those in power to crush--physically and spiritually--those who work.

Bluto,

Don't confuse respectability and like-ability.

Your kid will repsect you more when your unionized negotiated health plan includes dental. Now, your kid won't get teased in school for having a snaggle tooth that would make Jewel blush. Your kid may not know why he respects you more, but I think, he will.

As far as management, are you insane??? When your pilot group shows up to negotiations with 74 years of experince and E&FA data that will make Donald Trump think hard, you better bet management will repsect that. When your pilot group conducts an organized, lawful job action that shuts down the airline, you'll get respect as a force to reckon with, and a pilot group who knows how to function in the system. Of course they won't like it.

As far as your mama, she will always love you. That is what mama's do. But if you come home with a look on your face that says 'I'm my base managers biotch, gimp and boy all rolled up into one', at least you can count on her love...

Look in the mirror

nevermind....

I hope the pilot at SKYW get what they want, one way or the other!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back