Skywest Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Standby

I was just wondering if anyone knows what is going on with the Skywest interviews. I'm thinking about applying, but my friend has been having an interesting ordeal with Skywest. He was offered several interview dates, and he chose one. About a week after he was told that interviews would be cancelled due to a switch in the online application process, and no interviews would be conducted until that was finished. The day after he recieved an offer to interview again, however, this time with many less interview dates available. It just seems wierd, so I was wondering if anyone knew something more about this before I decide to apply. Thanks

This happend to me back a few months ago when I interviewed. I chose a date and then they emailed me back and said that that date was not available. They then offered me some other dates, and I chose one of those. I'm not sure why and I never asked. I don't think something like this should deter you from applying to SkyWest if you really wanted to work here. Good Luck!

-W

just got an e-mail today from skywest offering several interview dates starting october 4 and several other ones a week afterward

i can't seem to get into the new online system to update my application. Anybody else have this problem.

Yeah I had the same problem with the online system today. I'd assume it'll be fixed pretty quick. Good Luck!

Online app help:

They imported your information from the old application to the new one, and erased your original password to boot. I did the lost password routine, and they emailed back saying that my passworkd was now SkyWest (it's case sensitive). Yours is probably the same, but you can do the forgotten password thing also just to be sure.

My info was all jumbled up and was compressed into only one of the sections, so I had a lot of cleaning up to do to make the new app look decent again.

Hope this helps,

The Navin

Standby said:
Hey Blesko is this the first e-mail you've recieved offering interview dates?

standby.......yeah, this is the first e-mail i've gotten from them. I responded last night just as soon as I got it, haven't heard back yet, but we'll advise when I get further details.

NavinRJohnson said:
Online app help:

They imported your information from the old application to the new one, and erased your original password to boot. I did the lost password routine, and they emailed back saying that my passworkd was now SkyWest (it's case sensitive). Yours is probably the same, but you can do the forgotten password thing also just to be sure.

My info was all jumbled up and was compressed into only one of the sections, so I had a lot of cleaning up to do to make the new app look decent again.

Hope this helps,

The Navin

That was my experience. Their old system was very good, a bit complicated but good. The new one doesn't have anything in the appropriate areas, but they put all the information in one place.

I did the lost password thing and Yahoo put it on the "Bulk" folder. Watch out for these. Also, the email response came several hours late for the lost password..

My application looks like it was submitted in June, but it was only approved until recently. Must be because of the system switch..

I still don't know if I would leave $5000/month IT job, but they still didn't get back to me yet..

Standby said:
The day after he recieved an offer to interview again, however, this time with many less interview dates available. It just seems wierd, so I was wondering if anyone knew something more about this before I decide to apply. Thanks

Oh my gosh. Fewer interview date choices? Poor guy. Do we need a group hug?

Gimme a break. An interview is a good thing. Who wants a bunch of choices though? All you should be focused on is the earliest possible interview date. I don't know what the class sizes are or the frequency but I think a lot of classes are happening. Interviewing later rather than earlier could be the difference of 60 or 100 seniority numbers. Seniority is everything. Starting later could mean waiting months longer to upgrade eventually. After I upgraded no other upgrade classes happened for about 6 months. Domicile choices and vacation slots all rely on seniority. If a furlough happens guess who goes first? I'm not in any way suggesting a furlough is possible but who knows about the future?

Latest resources

Back