SkyWest Interviewing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mr DC3

Just curious if anyone has heard from Skywest (ie: called for an interview) in the past couple of weeks. . . Have the calls stopped, or has anyone heard from them recently?

Just wondering if there is still hope! :eek:

There is still hope. SkyWest has a number of classes to fill before the end of the year and the pool of successful interviewees who have not been assigned a class date is EMPTY.

Message to Andy Neil

Hi Andy,

I have been trying to email Camille Ence to retake my MX Aptitude test. I have not been able to contact her. I would really like to try again, and be in the running for an interview. I was at the PDX open house last March. We were told that we could try again in October or so. I know you guys have exhausted the pool and are hiring off the street again. I would love to be in one of those classed you had mentioned this fall. I was referred by a RJ Capt of yours. I could tell you the name in a private message if you would like.

Thank you buddy,

Av8ter

I'm all ears.

By the way, tomorrow, I am sitting in on another instructor's class to administer the basic indoc test to the latest newhire class. I tried to get them to take it in Las Vegas....................so that I could proctor and gamble.

Av8ter,

Good luck, and just so you know, they have not exhausted the pool of open house folks. There are still plenty of us patiently waiting for the call. ;)

Andy~

Yes there are still a bunch of us in the pool! We are hoping to hear something still :0) I went to the LAX job fair and passed all the writtens and have been awaiting the call. I'm not expecting to get into the CRJ right away but still hope I am qualified for an FO position in the EMB120....

would I still be in the running with 1700/700 multi? Or is this market just too tough right now for guys like me?! I would go cargo or corporate to get more experience but those jobs are few and far between too?

Any inside info is highly appreciated!!!

Sky-dog

av8tor,
still hundreds in the pool is my guess.. All the Cfi's I know including myself passed the tests and are still bottum feeding in the pool.. I personally know 20 or so people and thats just the tip of the iceburg i'm sure... They will always hire a qualified candidate before they hit the pool, up thats just the way it goes. Good things come to those who wait!! I hope!!!!!!!

I think several of you misconstrued what I said. I did not mean to imply that the pool of Brasilia capable candidates who attended the March Open Houses has been exhausted. I mean that the pool of people who have passed the interview and have not been offered a class date is empty.

Interview call

I got called yesterday for an 8 October interview. I've had an online app in since April 2002, and have updated Camielle via email several times since. No LORs or Job Fairs. Camielle said she was looking to fill the Nov and Dec classes, but no additional words on how many or types of classes were scheduled. Quick availability seemed to be a requirement.
Squirrely

Squirelly,

You said you updated via email several times. Did you actually use her company email or did you mean the online application at Skywest Pilot.com?

Just curious,

Turbojet

Latest resources

Back