SkyWest Installing EFBs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You heard it here first!

SkyWest just finished installing an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) on 1 aircraft. All jets will eventually be installed. Activation still pending on final FAA approval on the STC. No word on how many years that may take!

A day which will live in infamy.....I will always remember today as the day captain822 announced on FI, for the first time, that Skywest will install EFB's!

Sweet. Are they spec'd for the ERJ? :laugh:

They need to remember to factor in the OJI (On the Job Injury) cost from lugging around that fat flight case. I bet that would pay for the EFB in no time.

SkyWest is also in the beginning stages of negotiating a contract with Kraft Foods, Inc for the rights to install Kool-Aid dispensers with all 5 flavors to the cockpits of their future ERJs. I'm not sure but I thought I saw a prototype on one of those XJT a/c I flew on last week, anyway, I sure can't wait to jumpseat in one of those SkyWest Kool-Aid equipped A/C. Oh, YEAAAHH!!!
Stay Tuned!!!!

Relax everyone. The aircraft is on loan to the EFB company so they can obtain an STC for the mod they are developing for RJs. Skywest is lending them the airplane and the EFB company is paying all expenses. It's going to be a year or two before they get approval and we see any EFBs in the airplanes.

Its easy to put candy in the cockpit when you don't pay for your own gas! Mommy I need 22" for my ride, yo! Where's my gas card that Daddy pays for?

SkyWest is also in the beginning stages of negotiating a contract with Kraft Foods, Inc for the rights to install Kool-Aid dispensers with all 5 flavors to the cockpits of their future ERJs. I'm not sure but I thought I saw a prototype on one of those XJT a/c I flew on last week, anyway, I sure can't wait to jumpseat in one of those SkyWest Kool-Aid equipped A/C. Oh, YEAAAHH!!!
Stay Tuned!!!!

And you better believe they won't be deferrable. MX has been told that if one ever breaks, they are to drop everything else and fix it ASAP. A trusted source told me so!

Latest resources

Back