Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain822

You heard it here first!

SkyWest just finished installing an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) on 1 aircraft. All jets will eventually be installed. Activation still pending on final FAA approval on the STC. No word on how many years that may take!

Glad they can afford that, but can't afford to give us a meaningful pay raise. I'd rather do Jepp revisions...

Last edited:
Glad they can afford that, but can't afford to give us a meaningful pay raise. I'd rather do Jepp revisions...

Over the long run the EFB is probably cheaper. They have to pay for 2000 revisions for pilots but only 200 revisions for airplanes (these numbers aren't based on anything so don't flame me). I'm sure Jeppesen charges more for an EFB revision, but over time they will pay for themselves.

Not true, Jepp is not that dumb. Each pilot is charged for a subscription or just make the Jepp EFBs revisions a lot more expensive. Also the update of an EFB becomes a MX function.

Not true, Jepp is not that dumb. Each pilot is charged for a subscription or just make the Jepp EFBs revisions a lot more expensive. Also the update of an EFB becomes a MX function.

Skywest said this would only be done if it was cost effective. The EFB program was suppose to happen over 2 years ago but was put on hold because of this reason.

Will the databases in the EFBs be provided by Jepp? I heard a while back that the databases would be provided by a different vendor.

The original database provider for the Skywest EFBs was suppose to be Luthansa. Not anymore. Who, hasn't been announced. Hopefully, its Jepps.

Over the long run the EFB is probably cheaper. They have to pay for 2000 revisions for pilots but only 200 revisions for airplanes (these numbers aren't based on anything so don't flame me). I'm sure Jeppesen charges more for an EFB revision, but over time they will pay for themselves.

Drew- Just like those dual forward CG enhancement units featured on our later aircraft. I was thinking CPZ should use the HUD housings and install a low cost projector that will merely display the image of a non-functioning EFB on the side panel. They'll save thousands!!!

Latest resources

Back