• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Installing EFBs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyWest is also in the beginning stages of negotiating a contract with Kraft Foods, Inc for the rights to install Kool-Aid dispensers with all 5 flavors to the cockpits of their future ERJs. I'm not sure but I thought I saw a prototype on one of those XJT a/c I flew on last week, anyway, I sure can't wait to jumpseat in one of those SkyWest Kool-Aid equipped A/C. Oh, YEAAAHH!!!
Stay Tuned!!!!

Awesome.

Actually, while the Kool-Aid mantra is tired, that particular post was pretty funny.

jealous but you still don't have a union and you pilots are the reason for the on going war, gas being 4$, aids, cancer, homeless people, JO from mesa, what else should we blame SKYW pilots for...anything negative that happens in this world, well just have to blame the skyw pilots.

You heard it here first!

SkyWest just finished installing an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) on 1 aircraft. All jets will eventually be installed. Activation still pending on final FAA approval on the STC. No word on how many years that may take!
What can't they do, meatball!!!!

You heard it here first!

SkyWest just finished installing an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) on 1 aircraft. All jets will eventually be installed. Activation still pending on final FAA approval on the STC. No word on how many years that may take!

Wrong! EFB was installed on one aircraft that was on loan for the purpose of obtaining an STC. The STC took one flight and it was successful. The aircraft was returned to SkyWest and it went back into service yesterday. It still has the screens installed, but they've been deactivated.

We still haven't come to an agreement on price for the installation of 2xx aircraft. That's what will take time.

Believe it or not, EFB revisions from Jepp cost more than paper revisions from Jepp. This number probably changes as Jepp adjusts their costs, but the last number I heard was 4% more. Right now EFB is new and cool technology so it's more expensive. In order to make it cost effective we would no longer use Jeppeson for revisions unless they want to significantly lower their costs.

Part of a recent S5 memo....

To All Pilots and Dispatchers,

As mentioned in the previous memo, our transition to Electronic Flight Bag is just around the corner! First installations on the fleet should begin in early to mid June, with our 6 month 'proving' period beginning very shortly thereafter.

As also mentioned previously, pilots must complete the two short training and qualification courses (EFB and MapTech charting) prior to operating the EFB in revenue operations.

Maybe we're going 'Green'...

Latest resources

Back