• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Inc. On The Prowl For Further Aquisitions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they acquire QX, the Q400 pay rates will come with it. The last time I checked, SKW was non-Union. That means they can publish any pay rate they want any time they want.

Remember Eagle comes with 70 seat (tail number specific) Scope baggage attached. Plus lots of debt on almost all obsolete airplanes and a abysmal customer service record. I'm sure Garton would love to peddle it off. He gets something like a 15 million dollar bonus if he does.

Fleagle is a dead duck.

skywest will take over Comair's airplanes. I have no doubt about that and because they are non union they will screw the pilots at Comair and only take the airframes.....

skywest will take over Comair's airplanes. I have no doubt about that and because they are non union they will screw the pilots at Comair and only take the airframes.....

With the current staffing levels at SKyWest, and ASA/Expressjet, I would not be surprised if they bought out Comair and took the pilots, but left the airplanes. Lots of crew cxls, and lots of double-time trips. SkyWest Inc is so short stafed, I don't see any aquisitions being feasable for quite some time.

If they acquire QX, the Q400 pay rates will come with it. The last time I checked, SKW was non-Union. That means they can publish any pay rate they want any time they want.

The fact that a company doesn't have a union does not mean that it doesn't have agreements in place. My wife has no union at her job, but she has a contract that cannot be violated without consequences, for instance.

Remember Eagle comes with 70 seat (tail number specific) Scope baggage attached. Plus lots of debt on almost all obsolete airplanes and a abysmal customer service record. I'm sure Garton would love to peddle it off. He gets something like a 15 million dollar bonus if he does.

Fleagle is a dead duck.

Eagle will have no debt, particularly if AMR is successful in separating the airframes from MQ/NA.

The 700's are not tail number specific, and neither are the ATRs if anyone is wondering.

The fact that a company doesn't have a union does not mean that it doesn't have agreements in place. My wife has no union at her job, but she has a contract that cannot be violated without consequences, for instance.

Ask the next B6 guy how those PEAs are working out. Regardless of where wifey works, in the airline biz, without a CBA they can change pay and/or work rules at their whim.

Again, ask the next B6 pilot you see what the Company did to 5 pending LOAs when the Union drive started.

Latest resources

Back