• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest, Inc. announces E175 orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was comparing inc to MAG. I hope Xjt gets half of these birds. Knocking an airline for investing in maintenance and progressive upgrades on their fleet shows why Rene and company are where they are today.

Dreaming? I was NOT trying to sound optimistic for XJT!

Ok just checking. On a side not SkyWest is starting Mexico sevice out of IAH on the 700 and 200.. They sure spent a lot of time and money on getting all 200's mexico certified.. Maybe to replace the XJT145's??? That are going to DEN/MCI/IAD???

Ok just checking. On a side not SkyWest is starting Mexico sevice out of IAH on the 700 and 200.. They sure spent a lot of time and money on getting all 200's mexico certified.. Maybe to replace the XJT145's??? That are going to DEN/MCI/IAD???

The 700s make sense to me but not the 200s. That handrighting has been on the wall ever since the 700s showed up in IAH. The 200s will probably only go to MTY.

I was bragging that "he" would get that "toy" first? Why would I brag about Skywest Airlines getting 175s first?

Evidence shows that its the Skywest people, starting with dispatchers, that tend to brag on any SKW/ASA/XJT thread.

Ok, Pee Wee Herman. I know you are, but what am I? No you've been bragging for almost a year now that XJT would be the first company to see anything larger than 66-seats flying for United. You were wrong. I was right. But you just can't bare to admit that a dispatcher knew more than you. Its ok, because everyone else on these boards know it.

Ok, Pee Wee Herman. I know you are, but what am I? No you've been bragging for almost a year now that XJT would be the first company to see anything larger than 66-seats flying for United. You were wrong. I was right. But you just can't bare to admit that a dispatcher knew more than you. Its ok, because everyone else on these boards know it.

You were right and I was wrong? What is this? Grade school? I never said that XJT would be the first company to get large for UAL. Show me where I said that. Are you getting confused with my explanation of the first right of refusal clause?

You were right and I was wrong? What is this? Grade school? I never said that XJT would be the first company to get large for UAL. Show me where I said that. Are you getting confused with my explanation of the first right of refusal clause?

Grade school? Yes. According to your reading comprehension.

Weren't you the guy that was bragging for months that he was going to get that toy first?

You see, the word "he" is a direct reference to the word "guy" earlier in the sentence. And since I'm claiming "you" are that "guy" the word "he" is an indirect reference to "you" (aka Nevets).

So it was either your reading comprehension that was grade school level, or your arguing skills. Your backtracking could also use some work.

I was comparing inc to MAG. I hope Xjt gets half of these birds. Knocking an airline for investing in maintenance and progressive upgrades on their fleet shows why Rene and company are where they are today.

Unfortunately, ASA and MAG have a lot in common. Doubt these planes will go anywhere near us. SkyWest is smart, they have operated Brasilias for a decade longer than ASA. They know what they're doing.

I remember when it was time to return the ATRs....couldn't get right parts back on the right aircraft for months! Little thing called organization and smart management might have prevented all of that.

Unfortunately, ASA and MAG have a lot in common. Doubt these planes will go anywhere near us. SkyWest is smart, they have operated Brasilias for a decade longer than ASA. They know what they're doing.

Yes, and Great Lakes is still operating B1900s.

I would bet money that the next play in the Ford and Harrison playbook is the announcement that some ERJ's are not going to have their contracts extended. I know that some were just extended, but that was, IMO, just to get through summer. First ones to come off lease after summer is over are gone. It is the only play management has to increase concessionary pressure on your side. Knowing that and we don't get razzled by it.

It was quite simply BS that Skywest got these because they know their costs. Skywest Inc will pay Skywest pilots the same rate that XJET gets within a week. Happened in '07 after the ASA contract. They are negotiating for the entire Inc. Company. When we are all paid the same, it then becomes everyone's best interest to have one list, one G.O., one company.

Latest resources

Back