• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest: How do you do it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as mountainous terrain, I used to fly up to the Sierras all the time in light twins and singles. I'll take that anyday over doing an approach to SBN, ROA or CLE in the middle of winter.

I'm not trying to start an East Coast/West Coast, Biggie Smalls-Tu-Pac kind of debate. My only point was that Skywest seems to think they are on equal footing with East Coast carriers in term of wx challenges. There's a reason why California is the most heavily populated state in America.

By the way, I never interviewed for Skywest and I have many friends there...It's a great company. Thus, I have no axe to grind.

Last edited:
I can see the argument of wx and all that holding water to a certain degree during the winter months. Answer this, where does ACA finish during the summer months? For some reason I can't open the file, so look it up for me, where did you finish in the good wx months? If its an apples to apples comparison you seek, where does ACA finish against other carriers in the NE? I invite you to come to Montana in the middle of winter. As you have had exposure to west coast flying, I have had exposure to flying the east coast. I would take that over mountain flying for thrill factor. I have been flying into BTM, MSO and others for years and it still get my heart beating fast.

I love how the Skywest guys toot their horns every time these numbers come out. Stop bitchin about DFW ops. It was a great station before Skywest and Chautaugua came in. What do expect when you more than double the amount of flights. Look at the limited gate space available. DFW and ATL terminals were built for large airplanes and not CRJ's. Its tough when you have nowhere to park and when you do it's 4 planes to a gate. I wouldn't be bragging about my company if I agreed to fly 70 seaters for 50 seat pay. Great job. At least Chautaugua pilots are holding the line for a good contract and not selling the rest of us down the river. We can respect their pilots.

I would say a big part of being on time is also our awesome rampers. They do a great job to get us out on time.

As far as the argument about us not flying in the NE, that is true, but we still deal with flow to SFO, LAX & there are T-storms in SLC. They just don't happen as often as the E coast.

This thread wasn't started by SkyWest pilots tooting their horn...someone else merely asked about the subject. Not until the 8th or 9th post did any SkyWest guys jump in to respond to the inevitable bashing. And for the 50/70 seat pay issue, why bring that up again? That horse was dead a long time ago. We all agree that it sucks, but there's no point in starting another bitchfest just for the heck of it.

32 hour layovers also suck...I have way too much spare time today.

Quotes from Homerjdispatch

While jumpseating on Skywest last week

cant help you there... I dont work for Skywest.

Care to explain how you jumpseated on SKW if you don't work for them and they don't have any agreements with any fractionals???

Curious minds want to know....

Alright HomerJ- Your 1st post- "Good job Skywest. You guys rock. Sure puts ASA to shame."
2nd post- "Go to pg 5 look @ bottom... There is ASA"
3RD post- "ASA is last w/ 72.5% performance"
You then post "I am in no way trying to disparage ASA" Are you kidding me? This thread started by some asking how Skywest had such good numbers. You, my friend, mentioned ASA. Why not ACA, Eagle, etc. You chose to pick on ASA. All you had to type was, "Good job Skywest. You guys rock." But you had to type in the zinger at ASA. Do you understand why an ASA pilot would get upset? I repeat, you and you alone slammed us and then you try to take the high road and make it seem that I'm being immature. This company pays my salary which in turn feeds my family. If you want civility don't chum the board with flammitory comments.

Delta Whiskey,

You got me! I shared a rumor told to me by a friend as if it happened to me. Like no one else on here has done that. My bad! Please forgive me.

Wil,

The only reason I mentioed ASA was because they were on the bottom. Everytime I see anything mentioned about SKYW, everyone seems to jump all over them. I think its about time someone talks the true trash about ASA. ;) I am sorry you were offended but even your fellow co-workers agree that ASA needs major help. FRMFREIGHTDOG said:

Oh, it's in the toilet. Depending on whose numbers you believe it hovers around 70%. I just don't like outsiders to point out how much we suck by comparing us to other companies who are, in a manner of speaking, the competition. I'm just a sore loser

I am sick and tired of seeing everyones excuses WX ( doesnt count) ATC (doesnt count) Other carriers at our station ( Skywest is there too) etc. etc.

If you want to be respected learn to talk respectfully. I feel all professional pilots deserve a high level of respect. But i feel your vulgar posts do nothing but show how UNPROFESSIONAL you are. I am glad most ASA pilots dont fall in your category

Homer J out

HomerJ- still can't resist the dig can you? Go back to your cubicle. Enjoy staring at four walls.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back