SkyWest: How do you do it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Polygamist family values:

The family that lays together...stays together.

:D :D :D

of course I am just bustin yer stones a bit.

;)

Last edited:
You know the biggest problem with polygamy?

More than one Mother-in-Law!!!!

But honestly, Skywest is doing great. I just looked at the routemap. Seems they have about 80 percent of the Country covered, and Im sure it wont be long until they start flying NE stuff for UAL that ACA is flying.

Of course, United and Delta give us no credit for operating out of these difficult geographic regions

Guess you wont have that excuse much longer will you House-X?

Homer J Out

Polygamist Rationalization

If you play together and play together, ya may as well lay together.

In all seriousness though, as I have said many times, Skywest is a fantastic airline with a superior product. Hailing from the west coast, I have travelled on Skywest quite a bit and can honestly say I have never had a bad experience.

As for on time performance, who can say for sure. Some have bad wx, some have ACARS, some make departure time up as they go. The finding are only as accurate and unbiased as the data that is input in the first place.

Bottom line, do you provide a good product or not. Skywest provides a good product that their emploees should be proud of.

As for my airline....well sometimes I wish I could trade in my hat for brown paper bag, ala the unknown comic (pilot). It can get pretty embarassing at times.

"Folks we apologize for the late start today, but ...[insert reason here], we'll do our best to make up as much time as we can"

ETC

ETC

ETC

House_X said:
Of course, United and Delta give us no credit for operating out of these difficult geographic regions...

Cry us a river...

PUHHHH-LEEEZ

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jetblue was up there on the list too, and they don't fly in the NE corridor either... ;)

My computer can't open the link. Are there any airlines on the vaunted east coast that have on time numbers considerably better than ACA? Are there any with numbers worse than ACA?

It's rather amusing that whenever SkyWests on-time performance is mentioned on the forum, the bashing begins. The first question is always 'yeah, but do you have ACARS?', and the next thing is always 'yeah, but SkyWest doesn't operate in crappy wx'.
As far as ACARS goes, yes some of the fleet has it. I'm not sure about the percentage of E120s that have it. Quite a few I think. I know that I rarely fly CRJs with ACARS installed. More of the UAX ships have it than DLC ships. With the budget cutbacks, the ACARS installation program has basically been put on hold. On the DL side, I fly ACARS maybe a few times a month. But does that mean that crews are fudging the times? I seriously doubt it. I try to be as accurate as possible with the times. The finger here can be pointed at some of the stations. DFW(an ASA station) for instance, very rarely shows us out late. I've put us out late on the manifest many many times, but the station is too lazy to assign a delay code or assume responsibility, so guess what? We're out on time. I would assume the agents do the same for ASA and CHQ flights as well. The are other SkyWest stations that probably do the same thing. But if the times are wrong, I'm one of those weird guys that will make an effort to correct them.

As far as weather goes, yes the carriers in the NE corridor are at a disadvantage. But that doesn't mean that SkyWest operates in severe VFR conditions 100% of the time. SFO has one ILS in bad wx, creates nasty delays and lots of holding. LAX does a pretty good job, but they still have some flow delays. SLC gets blizzards in the winter, lots of deicing going on. In the summer, SLC gets 90+ temps (weight restrictions) and TRWs that mess up the traffic flow. DEN gets the same basic wx as SLC, but has more runways to handle it. SW ops from DFW have to deal with the same nasty TRWs as everyone else, with lengthy reroutes and ground delays. So basically this all means that SkyWest doesn't operate in a perfect world.

How does their on-time record look so good then? I haven't the foggiest idea, since I just go to work and do my job. I've got other stuff to worry about.

Russ,

It seems there is a little confusion on this board. ACA is not in last, ASA is. ACA is actually in 10th place with a 81.5% ontime performance. ASA is last with a 72.5% performance.

hope that helps.

Homerj- Why are you so keen on slamming ASA? Did we turn you down for the lav dumper position? Go f*ck yourself-

Wow!!! What a professional. Im sure with an attitude llike that you will stay at the bottom.

I am in no way trying to disparage ASA...Your actions do that for me.

Good luck next month...maybe you can grow up a little and learn how to find your destination and gate so you can GET THERE ONTIME!!!

:D :D :D :D

Latest resources

Back