• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest: How do you do it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many flights in the last quarter were canceled in the lower 48 for freezing fog?????????????

BTW, I work for SKYW, and this makes for nice headlines, but really - who cares.

Two of the best run airlines in the industry, Skywest and Jet Blue

One of the best run airlines in the industry asks their pilots for concessions?? Huh? Am I missing something?

Just a quick word about DEN, it's an airline's dream to operate out of day in and day out. Yeah the weather gets crappy sometimes but thats maybe 10% of the time.

To answer an unanswered question, yes Skywest CRJ crews are certified in training for Cat II mins.

for what its worth, I do believe it sort of comparing apples to oranges. I am definitely proud of the product we put out, but I don't have rose-colored glasses...there is always room for improvement(sp?).

My 2c

This month my lines shortest turn is an hour and 15 minutes.. hard to be late when you have that much time to prepare.. wait until united/delta start flying us again on 15 minute turns and watch the numbers decrease...

Hey Phil,

Yesterday my longest turn was 45 min. & last week the flight from MRY to SFO was 18 min in the air, with an app. briefing. Somehow we still managed to stay on time.

JBcrjca said:
How does their on-time record look so good then? I haven't the foggiest idea, since I just go to work and do my job. I've got other stuff to worry about.

You just hit the nail on the head. You can also add that they do their job and don't complain about it. For those who don't think OO works in bad weather...

SFO - Fog
SOCAL - Flow Control (compounded by that lovely marine layer)

I can think of a few times we (ground crews at the time) had our azzes handed to us in SLC. From what I understand, the numbers would be even better were it not for the stations where the ground crews were UAL employees.

Last edited:
I was talking to a Skywest ramper that is on furough from ASA. I asked about his experiences and he said that he liked ramping for ASA better. I asked him why, and he said that at ASA, noone ever told him to do anything, he just did his job and got the job done. He said that at Skywest there was always a supervisor there telling them what to do and rushing him in his job. It sounds like this may have something to do with the performance of each of these carriers.

Later,

Blah

Blah Blah Blah said:
I was talking to a Skywest ramper that is on furough from ASA.
Blah

Furlough??? I must have missed the memo.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back