SkyWest: How do you do it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
homerjdispatch said:
You know the biggest problem with polygamy?

More than one Mother-in-Law!!!!

But honestly, Skywest is doing great. I just looked at the routemap. Seems they have about 80 percent of the Country covered, and Im sure it wont be long until they start flying NE stuff for UAL that ACA is flying.

Guess you wont have that excuse much longer will you House-X?

Homer J Out

But honestly...when was the last time you were ground stopped because of freezing fog? If you guys start operating out of ORD or IAD, you might want to call up your CEO and tell him to renegotiate your contract, because your not going to make any profit operating off of UAX low ball b#tch fees. Also, best of luck in collecting the money as UAL sinks deeper into debt.
That's why we are going it alone...and your right...we will have no excuses, but at least we can get paid accordingly.

By the way, why is Comair getting more and more routes out of SLC? Word on the street is that you guys p#ssed off Delta....

cant help you there... I dont work for Skywest. I do know that my company has taken delays in DEN due to freezing fog. In fact wasnt DEN snowed in in March for a couple of days? And I KNOW DFW is a B*tch to fly in and out of.

Have you ever flown in mountainous areas? No not those hills in West Virginia, I'm talking Rocky Mountain flying. Sure Skyw flies in Sunny southern California, but they also fly to some pretty crappy airports too.

BTW Good luck on your own. I hope it works out. ACA is an outstanding Company in my opinion.

House_X, you seem to have quite an ax to grind. Not sure why you're so angry. Comair is getting more SLC flying because DCI is mixing up all the feeder flying at the various hubs. It's been widely discussed on this forum. I can't get too worried about 'word on the street' and SW pissing off DL. The people on the street probably have no idea what's really going on.

And Homer is right...some of the mountainous areas can be rather interesting. I've seen JAC and COD in the winter and at night, lots of fun there. I've been into Butte once, day VFR...after seeing the terrain, night in a blizzard would be a bit more stressful. I personally hope we don't start flying out of ORD or IAD. Maybe Air Wisconsin can jump in and pick that up. :D

Yeah nice response HomerJ- Your probably some gutless little desk jockey who took a fantasy flight and now feel qualified to comment. You don't have a dog in this fight to begin with so I don't know why you care. I do everything I can to see that my passengers get to their destination safely and on time. For you to suggest otherwise is insulting. Why don't you stick with what you know best- masturbating to flight tracker.

Wil,
I shouldn't respond to your childish behavior, BUT:

You just prove my point even more. Every time I log on to this forum I see how imature some of you are. Don't take your aggrestion on me becaue you are never going anywhere in life except maybe the Left seat of an RJ. Too bad you'll never sit in that Delta Mainline Right or Left seat.

Now if you really are a RJ captain congratulations for getting as far as you have with that attitude. To bad you work for a company that flat out sucks. You know it, I know it, and the whole world knows it. Instead of sitting there bashing a company for doing good, why dont you attempt to change it.

For some reason (maybe the childish posts you make) I think youve probably never been in an RJ, let alone a 172. Good thing School starts soon so you can go back and use those Jr. High remarks where you learned them.

Homer J out.

PS. tell your English teacher to help improve your vocabulary.
:D :D :D :D :D

P.P.S No disrespect meant to those Pilots who want to spend their careers in the RJ. I have a great respect for you....I just feel that Wil is angry for some reason..........:confused:

Last edited:
I have never bashed Skywest on this thread. I bashed you for being a little pr*ck. I work hard at ASA and it pi$$es me off when an outsider attacks our company for no reason. Sure we have problems but we are working to fix them. And, I feel blessed to be a Captain flying the CRJ. If anyone has a bad attitude it is HomerJ who has done nothing positive in this thread but to bash ASA. As a fractional dispatcher why do you have such animosity towards ASA?

Please!!!! You are so imature. Name calling only shows you have no argument.

Working to improve it?????? I've heard that for years, yet your numbers consistently tell a different story.

Next time you post, try using words that dont need to be edited to avoid censureship. Maybe then I will take you seriously.

I have no personal problems with ASA. Just pointing out that they need some MAJOR improvement. I think we can all agree on that.

Homer J out!
:D :D :D :D

P.S. you said I did nothing positive....I did congratulate the Company at the top. That should count for something! ;)

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION.

I believe that SkyWest's opspecs allow them to fly into and takeoff in freezing fog and/or rain. Also I believe that they are CAT II certified (I believe Horizon is CAT III, even better). This would help them a ton and give them a major advantage if this is the case. Any SkyWest pilots who can verify this?

One question

I was under the impression that the report excludes WX and ATC delays. Can someone verify this? If its true, then it doesnt really matter where a company flies.

thanks,

Homer J Out!
:cool:

Latest resources

Back