• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Hiring pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well commute out of Oakland if not than out of SFO from fresno. What is there to do in Fresno, i heard its like a small village. if one stays with skywest does it get better later on after one year. I imagine there must be like 8-10 legs a day. I heard it is still like 4 or even 5 on and 2 off with 11 guarantee reserve. with all the hiring do you think the max on reserve would be 3-4 month before holding a line. how many lines for the 120 and how many FO in Fresno. I heard the ground school is in Salt Lake and the sim training on the 120 is in Fresno. And i was incorrect it wasn't 1300 but 1100 a month first year pay. Man you can get paid more at Mcdonalds as a cashier and home every night

Yes, groundschool is in SLC but the sim training is in Long Beach or Atlanta not Fresno. You will have 3 days of FTD in Fresno before going to the sim.

Well commute out of Oakland if not than out of SFO from fresno. What is there to do in Fresno, i heard its like a small village. if one stays with skywest does it get better later on after one year. I imagine there must be like 8-10 legs a day. I heard it is still like 4 or even 5 on and 2 off with 11 guarantee reserve. with all the hiring do you think the max on reserve would be 3-4 month before holding a line. how many lines for the 120 and how many FO in Fresno. I heard the ground school is in Salt Lake and the sim training on the 120 is in Fresno. And i was incorrect it wasn't 1300 but 1100 a month first year pay. Man you can get paid more at Mcdonalds as a cashier and home every night

If you want a professional job then write like a professional.

Cheers,
Scott

Talked with an interview guy today in the training center. He said sometimes they make 121 guys fly the sim, no matter how bad/good they do. I guess they have had several 121 guys interviewing who started complaining/griping about how they thought they didnt have to do the sim. They were sent home immediately. Interview guys didn't care how good/bad they did, was just all about attitude.

I can vouch for that.

I had 1000 in the Rj and they said that the sim was going to be vectors IF anything. Took off, vectors to an NDB hold in lieu of PT, with a fixed card ADF to a ILS missed with engine failure on missed out to the hold (back on the ndb, barf). Bit my lip and bluffed through. DON"T BE A DICK AT YOUR INTERVIEW! Smile!

HI SSTEARNS2

should I sound more like this when I correspond any post on flightinfo.com. I do not have time like you to be on this site exceedingly. I prepared an immediate 1 minute post and was not really apprehensive about my grammar or spelling. I had no inclination that writing about concerning matter such as future employment is not as imperative as how my writing style is viewed. A recommendation sstearns2, relax and do not be anxious about the diminutive substance at what others post but rather look largely at the big picture and what the essence of the material is and not the style. Now this post took me a complete 2 minutes to put in writing, I anticipate now sstearns2 your approval for endorsement to become a professional like yourself will be granted.

Last edited:
HI SSTEARNS2

should I sound more like this when I correspond any post on flightinfo.com. I do not have time like you to be on this site exceedingly. I prepared an immediate 1 minute post and was not really apprehensive about my grammar or spelling. I had no inclination that writing about concerning matter such as future employment is not as imperative as how my writing style is viewed. A recommendation sstearns2, relax and do not be anxious about the diminutive substance at what others post but rather look largely at the big picture and what the essence of the material is and not the style. Now this post took me a complete 2 minutes to put in writing, I anticipate now sstearns2 your approval for endorsement to become a professional like yourself will be granted.

Please tell me English is not your primary language.

Friend,
Fresno flts from SFO are usually full and can be hard to Nonrev on due to late flts and flow. Those that live in the bay area and based in fat usually drive. As for Fresno, it's a lot bigger than you might think. The air quality sucks, but it's only a 2 HR drive to yosemite and an HR to kings canyon.

As for flying, next month there are zero reserves and has been that way the last 2 months. Here is April staffing for the bro:
Pdx 20 lines/ 3 reserves
Slc 32 / 6
Fat 54 / 0
SFO 0 / 4
Lax 15 / 5
Sbp 8 / 0
Psp 17 / 0

Goal for emb reserve staffing : 14%
April : 12%

Class stats :
Emb 20 per class
Rj around 30 per class

Hope this helps.....

I am a pilot for skywest and I would never in a million years suggest skywest for employment. I have been here for five years and this company has done nothing but go down hill!! I have been looking for a new job for the last 2 years but as you all know it is tough out there. I have decided that if I don't get anything by this fall then I am going to go back to school and do something else. This company is turning into another Mesa. You will be very disapointed if you come here so do your self a favor and go somewhere else or another career. Just my thoughts.

I work for skywest and I would never suggest going to work for this company!! You will hate it. Just my thoughts.

Has it really gone that badly down hill? That's too bad, I flew there for 7 years and I loved it. I know the upgrade is a lot longer now but what in particular other than that makes it so bad?
I know I am a little out of the loop over there but I always thought as far as regionals go you can't do any better than skywest. I think you have to go there knowing that it isn't perfect and you are only going to be there long enough to get your time and move on, would you rather be at Colgan?

I am a pilot for skywest and I would never in a million years suggest skywest for employment. I have been here for five years and this company has done nothing but go down hill!! I have been looking for a new job for the last 2 years but as you all know it is tough out there. I have decided that if I don't get anything by this fall then I am going to go back to school and do something else. This company is turning into another Mesa. You will be very disapointed if you come here so do your self a favor and go somewhere else or another career. Just my thoughts.

I am a pilot for Skywest as well and flyboy23 is 100% correct. The company is in a steep dive right now in every way. Pay, benefits, QOL, abusive interpretations of policy, less focus on safety and maintainence, etc. I expect to see a mass exodus before our management wakes up and starts trying to pull us out of the freefall we are in. All you have to do is look at the significant decline in our performance numbers (on-time departures, arrivals, completion, etc.) to see that pilot morale is in the toilet. In fact, pilot sickcalls have nearly tripled over the last year and a half as well.

It is a real shame to see so many pilots work their way up through their ratings. Spend their time being a CFI and building time and having a real passion for aviation, and then see that passion and dream DIE because of a crappy regional airline.

Latest resources

Back