• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest hiring 16 First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get the F outa here! Come on. How could a place be an alter ego if the company allows it to become union and does better and cost more than the company there're supposed to be alteregoing for? Doesn't that violate laws of physics? Not to mention it's proven and conceded in court by alpa that there was no alteregoing going on. Sounds to me like someone messed up, bring on the furloughed alpa folk. Bueller Bueller Bueller??

Last edited:
Get the F outa here! Come on. How could a place be an alter ego if the company allows it to become union and does better and cost more than the company there're supposed to be alteregoing for? Doesn't that violate laws of physics? Not to mention it's proven and conceded in court by alpa that there was no alteregoing going on. Sounds to me like someone messed up, bring on the furloughed alpa folk. Bueller Bueller Bueller??

So get it, some don't. We all know which category you fall under. Sorry.

alpa still sucks....

Pro-union or not, why would Skywest want to pay the $40K to train someone that's gonna leave as soon as they're recalled?

Because they have too. And United ALPA pays the bill for the difference in first and second year pay. Not sure if they pay for any of the training......

Pro-union or not, why would Skywest want to pay the $40K to train someone that's gonna leave as soon as they're recalled?

So they can pay somebody $22 to do the same job... difference between 1st and 3rd year FO = the cost of new hire training. Anything after 3rd year and you are costing the company money. The seniority list is way too senior right now and SkyWest knows it.

Rivoli is senior enough to remember the growth Skywest got from United and he's the only one on here defending the agreement between United and its feeder airlines. All the rest of you need to remember there would've been no 70 seat jets in United paint at Skywest without the furlough jets-for-jobs agreement. And the fact that many were suckered into flying them for the same wage. The vote ended on a friday night and amazingly the next day 30 jets were announced. You should be happy to fly with the furloughed United pilots. You may learn something from their experience. Besides, many of the furloughed pilots were previous Skywest pilot as well. The captains I used to fly with in PDX were now my FO's in FAT. Have some empathy for these guys, you may be furloughed one day too.

Latest resources

Back