• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Had Made Hostile $3.50/Share Bid For ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long until ALPA is mentioned in this scenario? It seems to me that COEX ALPA is pretty strong.

Also, would this be Skywest securing its future when the ContUnited deal is announced?

How long until ALPA is mentioned in this scenario? It seems to me that COEX ALPA is pretty strong.

Also, would this be Skywest securing its future when the ContUnited deal is announced?

BINGO! This is not about airframes it is about future secured flying. Expect SKW to come back with a more aggresive offer.

Ahh, I wouldn't put SKYW in the same category as Mesa. If SKYW acquires XJT, all pilots will be compensated at similar levels, and hopefully avoid whipsawing each other.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hope is all you got. Reality is another matter...

Expect SKW to come back with a more aggresive offer.

Well, they only offered about 180 million this time, XJET has that much in the bank for pete's sake. I've heard of "low balling" the first offer, but their initial offer is a complete joke!

$188 million was the initial offer. That's ridiculously CHEAP! They would have gotten a steal. I'll bet this deal goes down for around $250-$300 million. They are still in talks and I would be willing to bet this is gonna happen. We'll see.

Trojan

Well, they only offered about 180 million this time, XJET has that much in the bank for pete's sake. I've heard of "low balling" the first offer, but their initial offer is a complete joke!

Beat me to it!

Trojan

it'll be exactly like the situation with asa, separate companies, senority lists, etc. it would probably be in xjet's best interest to accept the offer, because in a few more months it'll probably be less and they'll be forced to take it. i can promise you the branded flying will be gone in a second. uncle jerry slammed that door for us, so no way that dog will hunt. they are just putting themselves in the best position with all the major carriers to acquire more flying and keep the flying we have. not sure if the xjet side would grow or if it will shrink, only profitability would dictate that. good luck!!!

$188 million was the initial offer. That's ridiculously CHEAP! They would have gotten a steal. I'll bet this deal goes down for around $250-$300 million. They are still in talks and I would be willing to bet this is gonna happen. We'll see.

Trojan
there's blood in the water and I'd bet that this deal for sure goes down. I'm gonna say $200-250 mil.

Latest resources

Back