• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Growth/Movement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so they will stray from that biz plan and not be the bottom feeder undercutting Air Willy and ACA from united? stick with what you know, don't pay for gas, simply get a fee for departing.

Hey what can I say, those Mormons are shrewd business men... But the funny thing is you will be working for them when they buy your airline and you will be getting 50 seat RJ pay flying the 717!!!! Now thats funny!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey what can I say, those Mormons are shrewd business men... But the funny thing is you will be working for them when they buy your airline and you will be getting 50 seat RJ pay flying the 717!!!! Now thats funny!!!!!

keep on believing it. now who is smoking grass, er crack?

i wouldn't want to work for a company that offers crap pay to fly 70+ seat replacement jet; not to mention the fact that the aircraft library comes equiped with the book of mormom and your required to attend a mormom mass at your domicile. next skyw will start staffing at the outstations to do away with hotel cost. you guys have way to many domiciles now.

What is a "mormom mass?" Where does one go to attend?

i wouldn't want to work for a company that offers crap pay to fly 70+ seat replacement jet; not to mention the fact that the aircraft library comes equiped with the book of mormom and your required to attend a mormom mass at your domicile. next skyw will start staffing at the outstations to do away with hotel cost. you guys have way to many domiciles now.

they won't give me sunday mornings off......

the montana commuters would love the out station staffing. you may get a 'double down' for that idea

Last edited:
I see you must still be drunk or high from last night.. If Airtran has all this money then why don't they just pay cash for Midwest instead of offering shares???

You obviously know very little about business. All-cash acquisitions are virtually unheard of. The only one that I can think of in recent history was UPS's purchase of Overnite Trucking, and it only cost them one quarter's worth of earnings. If your beloved JA made an all-cash offer for Midwest, then I'd question his sanity. That would wipe out nearly half of the company's cash position.

PCL_128 said:
All-cash acquisitions are virtually unheard of. The only one that I can think of in recent history was UPS's purchase of Overnite Trucking, and it only cost them one quarter's worth of earnings.

There's a good reason reason why UPS' credit rating is AAA...

Skywest does'nt have there own Res system... They use Delta's and United's... Buying Midwest they would have there own low cost carrier with the Res system already installed... All they would have to do is slap the "INC" on the end of it and it does'nt affect there flying with Delta and United! Makes perfect sense to me seeing they want to continue to grow!

I know they don't have their own, that's why I asked why they would want one. Especially one like Sabre View. There's a little more involved than just buying a res system and using it for your own brand of flying.

I doubt you would even get an interview with your 5th grade level spelling and grammar.

Sold my shares at $23.70 a minute ago. If it goes to $25, I'm going to short it.

Wish that I had shorted at $27 and used my ESPP shares to cover the short position.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back