• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

skywest group interview 12-18-06

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Q: Do you like Detroit, Minnie-no-place, and Memphis?
A: I LOVE Detroit in the winter!! Minnie, give me your coldest day! Memphis, I hope the APU is deferred!! Oh, did I mention that I'll fly for free?

Wow...If SKW opened a Minnie base, it'd be like I hit the regional special olympics jackpot. HAHA!

Do you want a 1.2% raise ( that dosen't cover cost of living adjustment) if you fly the jet and a big fat ZERO if you fly the Bro?

Only receive "override" pay when you fly the larger jet. If you can accept this CRAP and remain anti-union, then your a poster child for SkyWest

It's only 1% for 10 years...last 6 with no COLA and locked in for 4 more!

Do you want a 1.2% raise ( that dosen't cover cost of living adjustment) if you fly the jet and a big fat ZERO if you fly the Bro?

Only receive "override" pay when you fly the larger jet. If you can accept this CRAP and remain anti-union, then your a poster child for SkyWest

30 to Virgin what??? America....if yes is your answer then thats a fitting end to your Skywest career. If you cant lower the bar anymore at the regional level, do it in the LLC, Majors arena.

Last edited:

An over-ride is all that should be paid. We are cross trained on all three aircraft. You get paid extra anytime you are flying the 700/900. What else do you want? I accept this and am still anti-union. I can still pay the bills, save some money and still have left over to play with. I must be doing ok if I can do all this. No debt and never have any trouble making the bills. Why must almost every thread that asks a simple question be hijacked into this discussion. You bitter people really need to get a hobby or something. It would be good exercise for your frustrations.

Virgin is gonna take all of you SkyWest guys - after all, you already are anti-union and already enjoy letting the company bend you over (just what sir Richard wants).
HelloNewman must be the biggest retard working for you guys, oh wait ..................... There must be a WHOLE lot more, after all your pay proposal passed with ease!
By the way, quoting Boyd is retarded - that guy was a flight attendant, left a carrier still in existence today, to work for Braniff (nice choice Nostradamus), and makes so many "predictions" that one of them is bound to come true, but hey if the Salt Lake Tribune says it, then it must be true - after all, they ARE impartial ....................... aren't they?????

I'm surprised they still do the sim eval. These days, as long as you have a pulse, you should be good to go.[/quote

Yeah- that's why we still send em home when they can't enter a hold or fly an ILS.

Go link to some of the interview websites. That should tell ya what to expect for the interview. If you don't take it seriously they'll see through it and send ya home. Course you can probably always get your CFI job back.

Does anyone know what to expect from these? Is it a chance to get a quick interview in SLC. Do they offer class dates at these? Is it pretty much a company intro? Any info. would be great.Thanks:)

To Answer the question.......from what I've seen, you can expect everything aside from the sim session. Sometimes they do all the HR, technical and CRM stuff at these, and sometimes they only 1 or 2 parts and then give you a date to go to salt lake city. like the other guy said, you can end up where you want to end up within 6 months, SLC is pretty junior right now in the jet.

Latest resources

Back