skywest group interview 12-18-06

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wannabe a DR.

Does anyone know what to expect from these? Is it a chance to get a quick interview in SLC. Do they offer class dates at these? Is it pretty much a company intro? Any info. would be great.Thanks:)

Here's a hint:

Q: How do you feel about ALPA?
A: I HATE them, I don't need a real wage, as Mom and Pop pay my bills!

Q: Do you like shiney RED jets?
A: I dream about flying large, shiney RED jets for free!

Q: Do you like Detroit, Minnie-no-place, and Memphis?
A: I LOVE Detroit in the winter!! Minnie, give me your coldest day! Memphis, I hope the APU is deferred!! Oh, did I mention that I'll fly for free?

YOU'RE HIRED!!

Does anyone know what to expect from these? Is it a chance to get a quick interview in SLC. Do they offer class dates at these? Is it pretty much a company intro? Any info. would be great.Thanks:)
For the CRJ - SLC, ORD, DEN are junior. You should be able to hold any of those by the time your training is done. They will offer you a bunch of dates for you to pick from at the group interview. If you have all your paperwork ready, you should be able to pick the soonest one. After my full interview, I was in class 3 days later.

Know you're systems. Know your Jepps. I got lucky and my sim was EXTREMELY easy. It used to be their big killer, but they need so many newhires, they've eased it up a bit.

Good luck.

I'm surprised they still do the sim eval. These days, as long as you have a pulse, you should be good to go.

I want to be cool and fly a CRJ-900 with 76 awesome seats, and a killer first class section. Is economy pretty roomy? How much does SkyWest pay for flying that? Is there health insurance, in case I get my ass kicked for asking these questions? And it sounds no one likes SkyWest, why is that, if they respect the federal minimum wage laws?

Last edited:
You won't be in the pool long, people are leaving at a pretty good rate. Virgin has taken about a dozen just this month. Add with that the attrition from furlough recalls, Southwest and other airline's hiring... they are definitely going to be short pilots

A: "Being part of the pilot's union is like being a member of a country club. The fact that SkyWest pilots are not says a lot, because they haven't thought that they've needed a country club card," Boyd said.

A: "There is going to be a shakeout in that part of the industry. But the last to go will be SkyWest, and that will be 30 years from now, and by that time, they'll be in a different business. So, if you are a pilot for SkyWest, by definition, you have job security," Boyd said.
(cont'd)
"SkyWest, which remains one of our top picks, dominates around 22 percent of the [regional airline] industry's [capacity]. In our opinion, SkyWest stands the best chance to continue to gain market share by obtaining new business" from Delta or other big carriers, airline analyst Ray Neidl of Calyon Securities wrote last month.

Q: Do you want to work for a regional carrier that pays it's pilots more in total compensation that most, if not all, others? Do you want to work somewhere that is strong now, and is committed to remain so in the future?
Do you want to join scores of other pilots who have left ALPA represented carriers to come here?

are you interested in results (pay, QOL, company stability) more than slogans, platitudes and archaic traditions?

quotes from today's Salt Lake Tribune article at http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_4853747

You won't be in the pool long, people are leaving at a pretty good rate. Virgin has taken about a dozen just this month. Add with that the attrition from furlough recalls, Southwest and other airline's hiring... they are definitely going to be short pilots

Total of 60 left last month including 30 to Virgin...

A: "Being part of the pilot's union is like being a member of a country club. The fact that SkyWest pilots are not says a lot, because they haven't thought that they've needed a country club card," Boyd said.

A: "There is going to be a shakeout in that part of the industry. But the last to go will be SkyWest, and that will be 30 years from now, and by that time, they'll be in a different business. So, if you are a pilot for SkyWest, by definition, you have job security," Boyd said.
(cont'd)
"SkyWest, which remains one of our top picks, dominates around 22 percent of the [regional airline] industry's [capacity]. In our opinion, SkyWest stands the best chance to continue to gain market share by obtaining new business" from Delta or other big carriers, airline analyst Ray Neidl of Calyon Securities wrote last month.

Q: Do you want to work for a regional carrier that pays it's pilots more in total compensation that most, if not all, others? Do you want to work somewhere that is strong now, and is committed to remain so in the future?
Do you want to join scores of other pilots who have left ALPA represented carriers to come here?

are you interested in results (pay, QOL, company stability) more than slogans, platitudes and archaic traditions?

quotes from today's Salt Lake Tribune article at http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_4853747

Do you want a 1.2% raise ( that dosen't cover cost of living adjustment) if you fly the jet and a big fat ZERO if you fly the Bro?

Only receive "override" pay when you fly the larger jet. If you can accept this CRAP and remain anti-union, then your a poster child for SkyWest

Latest resources

Back