• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jmac77,

On the 10th of May, you said:

""regional" airlines...
I wonder how "RJ" ever became a term for these planes. They can fly like 2,000 NM. Also, all the regionals are flying their people overtime while the rest sit on furlough, especially at CoEx. Cheap, cheap bastards...Just a bunch of slave drivers..."

------------------

Care to revise your comments or are you going to be unhappy at SkyWest?

I feel for you if they cancel classes... but not too much. I was hired in Dec 2000, and had class after class cancelled. A whole bunch of us (around 120 of us) waited in the pool for over nine months. I went to class in late August of 2001, nine months wading in the pool. Be patient, it will happen, it is definitely worth the wait.

I can't imagine them cancelling any classes, they are extremely short on pilots now. There are no reserve lines at my domicile, and the lines are a lot of 4 day trips, with a 5th day local tacked on.. plus no vacations awarded for the first three months in 2003...

Good luck

jmac77,

Congratulations on the class date. Good luck in training, but in light of recent events I think your comment:
They cancel my class, I start shootin'
However intended, mocks those that have lost loved ones in the recent DC case and the various other instances of shootings in the workplace throughout the US.

Olladriver

jmac77,

On Sep 12th of this year you said:

"From a labor standpoint, after 9/11 I no longer really care to work for the airlines, especially the regionals. Sounds like a cutthroat battle day to day. Just not worth making the enemies. Life is too short and I like flying far too much just get pissed every day at work about contracts and scope and whipsawing, etc...Yeah, maybe EJA and FlexJet, etc, are not the answers we're looking for, but from what I've heard it beats the crap out of herding around Mom and her nine screaming children, not to mention their 42 bags. Oh yeah, no lines at security and unknown people shaving beards in the bathrooms."

------------------

Are you SURE you want to come to SkyWest???

I presume you are going to give your notice at ERAU no earlier than 20 Nov. That would be a good idea. Sometimes class schedules change.

Please call me Andy.

I think there are some changes in both the Nov 20th classes and the Dec 4th classes. I imagine calls are being made as I type.

As Jeepman said, due to the strong response from Brasilia FO's to go to the jet for the PSP, DEN, and SBA domiciles, the newhires originally scheduled to start Nov 20th for the CRJ will be delayed. The Dec 4th class date has been adjusted for the holidays (undoubtedly to reduce the stress on jmac77).

jmac77 said earlier today:
I'm excited as can be for this class, but the timing for the holidays could not be more inconvenient

I would share milk and cookies with Santa Claus to be in that ground school. Take the class date Jmac, and don't look back. Congrats on the job though.

Latest resources

Back