• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest got a Super deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA has 3 more pilots per airplanes then SkyWest? I think things will come inline as the months go by...

~~~^~~~ said:
General:

How does the sale change things? Delta still has the same number, if not more RJ's, planned for deployment now.

ALPA still has the representational structure jerrymandered to keep RJ pilots out of Executive Board votes.

Like Grinstien said, ownership really does not matter (except for keeping the profits ) operational control matters and Delta still has the same operational control they did before.

~~~^~~~

Fins,

I will PM you.

Bye BYe---General Lee

boxjockey said:
What I want to know is why does ASA have 1800 pilots for 135 A/C? That seems to be more in line with a Legacy carrier staffing than a regional. We have 2600 pilots for 259 airplanes. Why so many crew per plane? Just curious.

box
Actually ASA has closer to 150 airplanes (I think last count was 148), and the last senority list (7/05) shows 1699 pilots.

Take out management pilots and everybody in the flight training dept (who all have senority numbers), and you get closer to 5 crews/plane, if not less.

I had a look at the Assignments for September.

We have 151 aircraft 12 ATR, 104 CR2 and 35 CR7.

1385 pilots on line, 129 pilots in the training department or management, 126 in training and 101 on LOA.

The lowest seniority number in training is 1743.

So we actually have a ratio of 9.17 pilots flying per aircraft.

How many seniority list pilots does Skywest have in the training department or on LOA?

Latest resources

Back