Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
Skywest buying ASA has gotten a super deal. It is a total win for both airlines. Skywest has become the largest regional carrier and ASA is protected if DAL files BK. It looks as though both airlines will be separate. The pass benefits issue have yet to be resolved, but all will have jobs and that is the biggest benefit of all. I look forward to feed back and opinions from all of you that are affected.

atlcrashpad said:
Skywest buying ASA has gotten a super deal. It is a total win for both airlines. Skywest has become the largest regional carrier and ASA is protected if DAL files BK. It looks as though both airlines will be separate. The pass benefits issue have yet to be resolved, but all will have jobs and that is the biggest benefit of all. I look forward to feed back and opinions from all of you that are affected.

That's juth Thooooooperrrrr

I think it has the potential to be very very good, or very very bad. In reality it will probably end up somewhere in the middle. I hope that they can figure out a way to keep the current pass benefits, as DAL mainline will be hurt as bad or worse than we will if we lose them, but I'm not counting on it. If they can get their management in here and get rid of our asleep at the wheel GO then all the better.

Jet_Driver said:
WRONG!! Eagle is the largest Regional Carrier.

Thank gawd. Delta was the LARGEST REGIONAL AIRLINE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

General:

How does the sale change things? Delta still has the same number, if not more RJ's, planned for deployment now.

ALPA still has the representational structure jerrymandered to keep RJ pilots out of Executive Board votes.

Like Grinstien said, ownership really does not matter (except for keeping the profits ) operational control matters and Delta still has the same operational control they did before.

~~~^~~~

According to each carriers web site:

ASA has 135 Aircraft, 103 Cities served, 803 flight daily, and 1800 Pilots
Skywest has 221 Aircraft, 110 cities, 1515 daily flights, and 2175 Pilots
AMR Eagle has 340 Aircraft, 140 Cities, 1600 daily flights and 3000 Pilots

Add Skywest and ASA and hands down they are bigger than Eagle. All the above information came from their respective web sites.

Skywest/ASA: 356 Aircraft, 213 cities, 2318 daily flights, and 3975 Pilots

I'd like to find out the total revenue and total value of assets if anyone has that information.

Ok, So i guess Eagle needs to pass the trophy of "world largest regional" to SkyWest. :rolleyes: WHo cares?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back