• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, maybe I should've been more specific. I thought there was no newhire CRJ class starting on 3/10. And this was only an assumption of mine based on the fact that they told me my 3/10 CRJ newhire class was cxld.

Was the class for transitions and/or upgrades only, I hope? (otherwise, I was flat-out lied to.)

10 upgrade, 6 off the EMB and 4 newhires.

10 upgrade, 6 off the EMB and 4 newhires.
Well, that sucks for me. I'm glad for the other new hires though. I wonder why they told me it was cxld? Probably just misinformation.

Thanks amcnd for the info. I guess I'll just keep adjusting my patience potentiometer.

Snacko

Were the new hires on the BRO?

Why did you even start this dumb thread Skywest continues to lose almost 20 people a month, and hire into the bro most likely for that attrition.

It only took 8 posts to turn this into a Union debate. Kudos!

So really, no newhires getting hired directly into the CRJ? I thought OO was gonna start withdrawing the Bros beginning this spring?

If you do get hired, are they still giving a class date or going in a pool now?

What's the most junior Bro bases at this point? I don't mind flying the Bro, but commuting into some of those bases is gonna suck me thinks...

Last edited:
So really, no newhires getting hired directly into the CRJ? I thought OO was gonna start withdrawing the Bros beginning this spring?

If you do get hired, are they still giving a class date or going in a pool now?

What's the most junior Bro bases at this point? I don't mind flying the Bro, but commuting into some of those bases is gonna suck me thinks...

1. The company will place you in the airframe they need people, right now its the Bro. Placement is based on previous experience too. They are but only 4 are leaving service this year i think. The schedule is based on the arrival of new Rjs to replace the bros.

2. You get put into a pool.

3. Fresno, Palm Springs

Will they furlough or will they just flat out fire? Nobody can tell... no union!!

I don't know. Should the guy who pooped all over the hallway and walls at the Candlewood been furloughed or fired?

Seriously, how would a union prevent furloughs?

Last edited:
I don't know. Should the guy who pooped all over the hallway and walls at the Candlewood been furloughed or fired?

Seriously, how would a union prevent furloughs?

The union itself wouldn't, but the Collective Bargaining Agreement the union brought about would.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back