• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The union itself wouldn't, but the Collective Bargaining Agreement the union brought about would.

So, if I understand you here, an ALPA carrier can't furlough?

You won't find that answer...

but as someone who has been furloughed before, the CBA has very specific language for return to service, acruing longevity, seats, bases, benefits etc...

I'm guessing a furlough at SkyWest would be..."Well...we'll have to see...we havn't been here before, so we'll try to make it right..." To which the company would to to make it right for them. Just ask anyone who went thru the PDX and IAH downsizing to see how accommodating the company can be to normal line pilots in this case. (and not necesarily to those there were a SAPA rep...).

Mookie

Can you provide an example of a CBA that actually stopped the company from furloughing? There are lots of examples where it didn't.

Scott

I wasn't saying that, I was saying that a CBA would make a company furlough instead of outright firing. No union = the company can fire for almost any reason. Union with a proper CBA in place = company must furlough instead of firing

I don't know. Should the guy who pooped all over the hallway and walls at the Candlewood been furloughed or fired?

Seriously, how would a union prevent furloughs?

I could swear I saw him in ORD working for another airline about a year ago. How do you explain that at an interview?

The problem with the candlewood is that there is no one there between 11pm and 6am. He lost his room key and couldn't get a new one made. His roommate went home for the weekend.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back