Skywest -- Forbes takes notice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwing

HEADLINESChange Display [ hide $$ edit ] Forbes Ranks SkyWest Among America's Best Big Companiesat Forbes.com (Tue, Jan 3)Home > Lists > 400 Best Big Cos. > SkyWest

< Previous Next >
SkyWest

.boxIDhead { background-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-weight: bold; padding:2px;}.boxIDborder { border:1px solid #ffffff;}.boxIDbordercolor { background-color: #ffffff;}.boxIDrow { background-color: #ffffff;}.boxIDrow1 { background-color: #ffffff;}.boxIDrow2 { background-color: #efefef;}.boxIDrule { background-color: #cccccc;}.boxIDspace { background-color: #ffffff;} http://www.forbes.com/platinumCompany Of The Year: Seagate Technology By Industry: Estimated EPS Growth Estimated Sales Growth Featured: Top Gun: Rockwell Collins Platinum List Sterling On Wall St. The List: The Honor Roll Rookie All-Stars Comebacks Video: Picking The Platinum Performers Vote: Which company will be the best investment? 1st year on list
http://www.skywest.com
(SKYW: quote, news, executives) vs. Transportation

1PJQ.gif
5-Year Total ReturnRank365% Change1.3Change rel-to-market105HI$34LO$9

12-Mos Total Return% change56.2change rel-to-market144View Transportation Charts
Accounting-Governance Profitability GrowthAGRAveragereturn on capital (%)sales (%)EPS (%)Financial ConditionAverage5-yr avg8.820.45.3Earnings QualityLowlatest 12 mos4.845.121.3
Income Informationlat
est
12-
mosSales$1,548 milNet Income$95 milProfit Margin6.1 %Debt/Capital59.7 %Earnings/ValuationEPSlatest 12-mos$1.622006E$2.64P/E 2006E11.2dividend yield latest 12-mos0.4 %Stock data as of Nov 29, 2005. All per-share data adjusted for splits through Jan 9, 2006. Industry data is based on 400 Platinum companies. Relative to market calculation is the ending value of $100 invested in the stock divided by the ending value of $1 in the S&P 500.1Four-year. 2Three-year. 3Less than period indicated. +: Exceeds 500. D-P: Deficit to profit. NA: Not available. NM: Not meaningful. NR: Not ranked.
Sources: Audit Integrity; Forbes; FT Interactive Data, Reuters Fundamentals, Thomson First Call, and Worldscope via FactSet Research Systems; Standard and Poor's; Value Line.
< Previous Next >

For those not able to read computer code, click here:
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/88/1PJQ.html?partner=yahootix&id=1PJQ_SKYW

And apparently you're happy your company was voted one of the "Best Big Companies in America". I'm happy for you too.

Wasn't ExpressJet recently voted a top place to work as well? See where it got them? Being the best isn't the best, in todays workplace. I wonder if history will repeat itself...

wheelsup said:
For those not able to read computer code, click here:
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/88/1PJQ.html?partner=yahootix&id=1PJQ_SKYW

And apparently you're happy your company was voted one of the "Best Big Companies in America". I'm happy for you too.

Wasn't ExpressJet recently voted a top place to work as well? See where it got them? Being the best isn't the best, in todays workplace. I wonder if history will repeat itself...

Sorry, I do not work for either. I just follow market place news closely and pass on the news...

Surprised!

I am kind of surprised that Skywest was even named. Their complete income is dependent upon two carriers in bankruptcy. If one of those goes out in flames, Skywest has to dump 50% of it's assets to stay alive. I guess Forbes is guessing that the Skywest contactors will continue in the industry. I guess that is good news for ASA/Skywest.

Walmart

Walmart makes a lot of money. I wonder if they are a good place to work?

Think George W. would let his kids work there?

Moral of the story.....Just because a place is successful does not mean it
is a good place to work!
If you are an airline executive you get a job at an airline steal peoples
pensions and get 4 million to leave early.

Did Forbes quote CFO Ronny Reber when he happily stated "we are INSULATED from high fuel costs thanks to Delta" ? If they had to pay for the higher fuel bills, they would NOT be profitable. Then, they inherrited their own "Vietnam War" by buying ASA. Have fun with that Ronny! INSULATE THIS!!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Gen. I see that you are on the war path again... Good to see you on here again stirring it up... :)

GIve me Fuel

General Lee said:
Did Forbes quote CFO Ronny Reber when he happily stated "we are INSULATED from high fuel costs thanks to Delta" ? If they had to pay for the higher fuel bills, they would NOT be profitable. Then, they inherrited their own "Vietnam War" by buying ASA. Have fun with that Ronny! INSULATE THIS!!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

wow why are you so down on OO and Ronny Reber. LOOK at shuttlecawk, republickit, mesa. Shuttlewagon amr is flying E170's out of SLC as we speak. Those scope avoidance planes dont' bother you? Don't let insulation talk from RR get your goat. These scope avoidance pilots are the ones that you need to insulate from DL.

Halo_RJdriver said:
wow why are you so down on OO and Ronny Reber. LOOK at shuttlecawk, republickit, mesa. Shuttlewagon amr is flying E170's out of SLC as we speak. Those scope avoidance planes dont' bother you? Don't let insulation talk from RR get your goat. These scope avoidance pilots are the ones that you need to insulate from DL.

As far as I know, the E170s have 70 seats, and that is within our scope clause. You guys at SkyWest would love to have the chance to do the same with E170s, which are a heck of a lot nicer than those CR7s. Don't tell me I am wrong.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

You aint wrong on dem E170's. They is some sweeeet ass planes. Look likes reel airlines planes not dem tubes.

Latest resources

Back