• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest FO pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep...you have to pimp the system too......I'm a second year/fo, spent the first half of the year on 1st year pay and on reserve, the second half of the year with a line on second year pay and i'm going break 30k gross without working too hard this year...believe it people, it's possible

Wouahh.. 58K on the second year , that's not bad for a regional, now that number seams kinda stretchy there.....Did you tell everyone that you saved some money too by switching your car insurance to Geico??
I switched to USAA, it's even cheaper than geico

The pay/work rules are really good at Skywest. I should break 6 figures on 3rd/4th year Captain pay.

You'd have to credit well over 150 hours per month to do that.
I am officially raising the BS flag.

Very few lines at any base credit over 100. If you bid a high credit value line you'd probably have 12 days off. For the sake of argument let's say you got a 100 hour line with 12 days off. So out of those 12 days you work 6-8 of them for time and a half. To do that there would have to be some open time. You tell us which base has that much open time available. With PBS there's simply not that much open time anywhere because the flying gets covered by the computer and you do it for straight time.

Unless you're a check airman or sim instructor you won't break 6 figures. The open time just isn't there.

$58,000 is possible on 2nd year pay. Here is my pay for the year so far broken down.

Holiday pay: 17.2 hours= $594
Non tax Per Diem $4024
Overtime: 57.93hrs = 3041
Perf Reward Financial 594
Perf Reward Oper 700
Regular Pay 828 hrs = 28785
Reserve Pay 90 hrs = 3157
Taxable Per Diem 428
Training Pay 45hrs= 1556
User pay= 8.8hrs= 303
Vac pay= 3hrs= 103

SkyWest YTD $43,285.
I had 44 days of military leave. I make about the same there as I do at SkyWest. Pay and PD for those 44 days= $9438
Total YTD $52,723
My next check will credit 68.6 hours+ per diem

$58K is VERY possible 2nd year

Viper, that's great. Seriously, if you can swing that kind of bank by manipulating work rules to get that kind of cash, awesome and good for you. At my previous employer, one that the SkyWest pilots who agreed to one rate defintely do any favors for, I could do the same thing. Never flew more than 700 hrs a year but still got paid for 1000+ every year.

Now when you stop patting yourself on the back and put your penus away, think about this. Imagine how much MORE you guys over there could make if you ACTAULLY had an override for 70 seat equipment in place? Even if it was as little as 4-5$ per hour.

I have friends at SkyWest. And like alot of other places, I'm sure that on the whole they are a great group of guys. And I know you are on second year pay so it doesn't apply to you. But the guys that voted for a temporary pay freeze way back when as well as one rate defintely didn't have a clue as to the big picture or the implications of what they did.

Just something to think about.

You'd have to credit well over 150 hours per month to do that.
I am officially raising the BS flag.

Very few lines at any base credit over 100. If you bid a high credit value line you'd probably have 12 days off. For the sake of argument let's say you got a 100 hour line with 12 days off. So out of those 12 days you work 6-8 of them for time and a half. To do that there would have to be some open time. You tell us which base has that much open time available. With PBS there's simply not that much open time anywhere because the flying gets covered by the computer and you do it for straight time.

Unless you're a check airman or sim instructor you won't break 6 figures. The open time just isn't there.

No check airman or sim pay, just know how to work our rules. Would love to share with you but not here. It seems whenever things are too good to be true, the company takes it away (the bucket system). I've got nothing to prove and sure, I'm quoting 6 figures including per diem, vacation pay, holiday pay, bonuses...basically total before tax compensation that shown on my paystub. Again, I got nothing to prove, but my next pay stub should show 71 hours.

Latest resources

Back