• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest flying more planes for Midwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats a Skyway route anyway... I heard Skyway just sold there headquarters... Sounds like they are going out of business...
Skywest bought it for their new crew room. Equipped w/ hookers and wishes of Skyway's demise.
I don't think Skyway is going anywhere, sorry to ruin your dream of flying all regional routes in the US.

Agreed. That was the poorest excuse for a headquarters. Should have been sold 5 years ago or used by the fire department to burn down. Skyway isn't going anywhere.

Skywest bought it for their new crew room. Equipped w/ hookers and wishes of Skyway's demise.
I don't think Skyway is going anywhere, sorry to ruin your dream of flying all regional routes in the US.

The new crew room is behind the BP on 13th & Rawson... Thats cool.... Sorry you work for such a sorry a$$ airline... Maybe you can go work for Skywest when you go out of business... I hear Skyway will be done very shortly....

Well, least this thread is living up to the good ol "classy" flightinfo reputation...

Headquarters

I would back up what others have said about Skyway's HQ- it was old and not very well laid out, but I guess at least it was paid for. However, one of Midwest's two buildings (the East campus, if I remember correctly) was a ghost town, just large areas filled with broken swivel chairs, cubicle dwellers playing the prairie dog game, and Skyway's training department. Most figured they should have moved Skyway HQ over there long ago, especially since we're all long since past the laughable notion that they're really separate airlines. Since Uncle Timmy is calling the shots anyway, why not cut away some dead weight in the form of middle management and move everyone within shouting distance from each other?
Any yes, Savethecookie, I call him Uncle Timmy. I like to think myself and a captain I flew with long ago at Skyway helped popularize that one. I also claim credit for the name 'Baghdad Carol' Skornica, because just like Baghdad Bob in the second Iraq War, everything that woman says is crap and is so full of holes you could fly a Dorkjet through it.
Word.

Hey Skywayers. Not good news about DLH. It was actually a pretty good overnight if you were the late crew. Where are the flight hours getting redistributed to?

In other news, heard a fairly good rumor that there will be no replacement for the 80's. If that's true, that's about as bad as news gets. That means TPG will not put another dime in the operation, bridge Skywest for Compass and Mesaba, and let NW demolish Midwest for the gates and slots in the system and maybe the hangers.

The new crew room is behind the BP on 13th & Rawson... Thats cool.... Sorry you work for such a sorry a$$ airline... Maybe you can go work for Skywest when you go out of business... I hear Skyway will be done very shortly....

This is pretty hilarious...a pilot flat out hoping to throw another regional under the bus for more flying. Not sure if you actually thinking he was serious about moving the crew room over there was funnier.

P.S. - I assume you are voting no? :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back