• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest flying more planes for Midwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering...did any of the Skywest crews (or mechanics for that matter) pick up and move to MKE? Is MKE just a stepping stone to another dom as they build seniority? Just wondering since it's such a small operation.

Also, any additional info on the mechs and what went down?

I know a lot of the mechs came from Skyway and the rest from other Skywest bases. We still have like 15-20 openings in MX if any of you guys are interested ;)

I was JSing on Mid-Ex and they were saying by early next year they were "going to be turning a corner" and it had to do with growth in the southwest and one seniority list. Anyone else hearing this?

I'd guess doubtful, Crashpad. If they 'grew', it would be on the Skywest side. Don't see how TPG will put any more money in the operation, though. The cost of Skywest alone is killing the operating profit. RASM is down, CASM is up. True to Midwest, finding out too late that 50 seat RJ's won't cut it in their system. The growth plan has bailed on DLH, and heard SEA is next. Also heard no replacement for the 80's.

Very true that Skywest is killing the profit. There is no way you are going to make money on a 50 seat RJ with oil at $90+/barrel. Skyway also isnt helping the cause either. I've heard quite a bit of talk lately about Airbus being the replacement for the 80s. Wouldn't be too suprised if they replace the 717s as well.

I agree that a complete fleet replacement would make sense. Also TPG owns another company that has 737-8 options that are not going to be used.

Boiler got it

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back