SkyWest Flight Attendants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

minnereg

Two of the requirements for SkyWest's "aggressive recruitment" of Flight Attendants:

~Between 5-feet and 5-feet-8-inches tall

~Weight in proportion to your height

If only all the airlines include that caveat with proportional weight. Noting that most people enjoy having enjoyable and attractive FA's, why don't more of the regionals include this? I can guarantee you that at my last employer attractiveness or physical condition were the slightest of their interests. Yeah, thus far I have seen some exceptional talent at SkyWest, but are they really all as fantastic as I have seen? Why are so many of us younger guys subjected to fifty-five year olds with a gut and a cigarette hanging out of their mouths? Are there any other airlines that compare?

minnereg

minnereg said:
Two of the requirements for SkyWest's "aggressive recruitment" of Flight Attendants:

~Between 5-feet and 5-feet-8-inches tall

~Weight in proportion to your height

If only all the airlines include that caveat with proportional weight. Noting that most people enjoy having enjoyable and attractive FA's, why don't more of the regionals include this? I can guarantee you that at my last employer attractiveness or physical condition were the slightest of their interests. Yeah, thus far I have seen some exceptional talent at SkyWest, but are they really all as fantastic as I have seen? Why are so many of us younger guys subjected to fifty-five year olds with a gut and a cigarette hanging out of their mouths? Are there any other airlines that compare?

minnereg

Here's why- the state of Utah has almost NO worker protections. They also have a ton of women who were raised to do whatever they are told without question. Not bashing the Church, but that's a fact.

Try to get away with an recruitment ad like this in California, Chicago, Detroit or New York and watch the lawsuits fly.

Those pesky flying lawsuits are hurting our wages! No more jumpseats for them.

John Pennekamp said:
Here's why- the state of Utah has almost NO worker protections. They also have a ton of women who were raised to do whatever they are told without question. Not bashing the Church, but that's a fact.
Really? What about the Federal protections that preempt State Law?

None the less, how do I convert?

~~~^~~~ said:
Really? What about the Federal protections that preempt State Law?

None the less, how do I convert?

Specifically, which Federal law are you referring to, and what section?

Actually, the requirements have everything to do with the flight attendant being able to fit into a Brasilia. If you're a millimeter taller than 5'8", your head is scraping the cieling. If your weight is not proportional to that 5'8", your ass is going to snag on the armrests in the airplane. The requirements have nothing to do with Utah and mormon girls or whatever john was babbling about. Most of SkyWest's recruitment for flight attendants happens in places like Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles and New York. Not everyone who works there is mormon.........

indianboy7 said:
Actually, the requirements have everything to do with the flight attendant being able to fit into a Brasilia. If you're a millimeter taller than 5'8", your head is scraping the cieling. If your weight is not proportional to that 5'8", your ass is going to snag on the armrests in the airplane. The requirements have nothing to do with Utah and mormon girls or whatever john was babbling about. Most of SkyWest's recruitment for flight attendants happens in places like Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles and New York. Not everyone who works there is mormon.........

You know, we old farts do tend to babble...

John Pennekamp said:

Try to get away with an recruitment ad like this in California, Chicago, Detroit or New York and watch the lawsuits fly.

this was taken from Southwest Airlines website for Flight attendent requirements.

A well-groomed appearance is required. Weight must be of such proportion to height that a neat appearance is maintained and physical ability to perform all job functions is not hindered.

I dont think they are bases in Utah.....your post was pretty ridiculous

minnereg said:
Yeah, thus far I have seen some exceptional talent at SkyWest, but are they really all as fantastic as I have seen?

In a word - Yes...They mostly are all that hot!!

Baja.

And you guys wonder why more flight attendants don't post here?! Get over yourselves and thinking that all F/As must be 21 and hot! If you want eye candy, go to a strip club.

EVERY airline has in their requirements for F/As that 'weight must be in proportion to height'. It has nothing to do with bases, geographic location of recruitment, or major/regional.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back