Skywest/Expressjet/Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Coloaviator

As we watch the scenario of Skywest/Expressjet/Continental unfold, am I missing something? It seems that if the Expressjet/Skywest thing falls through Skywest and Continental will form a brand new codeshare. It looks as if CAL will be done with Expressjet over the next few years. So therefore Jerry and the boys have crunched the numbers for an Expressjet purchase vs. Skywest codeshare upstart and there has to be a point where it is just cheaper to start a codeshare vs. buying Expressjet. With that being said dosen't sound as if CAL has told Expressjet be bought or extinguished. I mean the general attitude of Skywest management is that we are going to do a CAL codeshare by years end. I don't know I am just asking and I want nobody to be out of a job and I hope that best for everybody!

SkyWest could probably pick up some cheap aircraft on the open market once XJT and MESA have their liquidation sales.

one way or another, Inc. will be doing flying for CAL. whether it's SkyWest, ASA, or via the purchase of Express is yet to be determined.

Skyw will be doing the flying;however, the reason for the purchase attempt is to get the options on the e170/75 that XJET has.

Skyw will be doing the flying;however, the reason for the purchase attempt is to get the options on the e170/75 that XJET has.

I don't think so. SKYW does everything it can to keep costs low and pass the saving to the mainline partner. The CRJ 900 is 8 to 10 % cheaper to operate than the E Jets. In this fuel environment, and the airlines inability to charge more for tickets, the CRJ is a winner. Oil back to $50 or so....then the E Jet is better.

I don't think so. SKYW does everything it can to keep costs low and pass the saving to the mainline partner.
The CRJ 900 is 8 to 10 % cheaper to operate than the E Jets. In this fuel environment, and the airlines inability to charge more for tickets, the CRJ is a winner. Oil back to $50 or so....then the E Jet is better.

IF this were realllly true, wouldn't the ATRs be staying? Perhaps even getting some stablemates?

Not trying to flame, just a simple observation. I think that Inc. is and will try to do whatever is in the best interests of Inc.

Ok, so what is the deal here. Do you guys not have enough circle jerks in Utah, that you have to expose yourselves on the internet for the world to see?

Ok, so what is the deal here. Do you guys not have enough circle jerks in Utah, that you have to expose yourselves on the internet for the world to see?

Thank you Metro! I am SO sick of these Skywest guys foaming at the mouth for the demise of XJET, and nearly blowing their loads at the prospect of a contract with Continental (behind Xjet's back, and at the expense of Xjet of course). For a company that considers itself so "moral", the pilot group at Skywest sure seem to only care about themselves!

If I read another comment about Xjet possibly going bankrupt (with the Skywesters getting all excited), or "Uncle Jerry Said...", (we're going to be the best thing for Xjet, because they "need" us), or similar such nonsense, then I will be forced to conclude that there is not a single soul at Skywest who posts on this board who can think for themselves. First of all, Xjet is NOT going to go bankrupt.

Second, how can you guys not realize that what is bad for a company with an industry-leading contract (by bad, I mean Uncle Jerry strong-arming Xjet into giving up the best parts of their contract) is bad for the industry as a whole?

And for those of you at Skywest who think Jerry Atkin, et al, are such "good" guys because of their religious affiliation-- Let me clue you in on a little fact I have observed over the years... some of the biggest crooks I've ever met in business also have temple recommends. In their minds, "what's business is business... what's personal is personal." Meaning, they do one thing and profess another.

End of discussion.

And for those of you at Skywest who think Jerry Atkin, et al, are such "good" guys because of their religious affiliation-- Let me clue you in on a little fact I have observed over the years... some of the biggest crooks I've ever met in business also have temple recommends. In their minds, "what's business is business... what's personal is personal." Meaning, they do one thing and profess another.

End of discussion.

How many people on here have claimed that Jerry or any other Skywest manager is a "good" guy because of religious affiliation? Sounds like you have an axe to grind, and are very presumptive in forming your stereotypes. Also, you say "end of discussion" before any discussion can take place on the topic? Very telling.

How many people on here have claimed that Jerry or any other Skywest manager is a "good" guy because of religious affiliation? Sounds like you have an axe to grind, and are very presumptive in forming your stereotypes. Also, you say "end of discussion" before any discussion can take place on the topic? Very telling.

Legal Limit is point 0.04 "Blood Kool-Aid Volume."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back