• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Emb120 Aug 4 class date cancelled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty sure the LAX RJ flying will just end. Flying an ERJ from LAX-SEA was a bad idea at $60 a barrel and at $145 its brain-numbingly moronic.

I'd imagine the most XJET flying out of SLC will be replaced by OO, but I assume that the planes will come from reductions in other markets. Delta wants to cut its regional capacity, and this will allow them to do so.

DAL announced late thursday that the LAX flying will end.

I agree that the addition of the SLC routes will offset other reductions and simply keep OO at (or closer to) contractual minimum flying, and will not be a net gain of aircraft.

Rickair - I wouldn't get anybodies hopes up on hiring. Sure we may pick up a little flying from Expressjet but there are going to be massive schedule cuts in SLC and elsewhere in Sep/Oct so at best this will just prevent furloughs. Throw in a 50% reduction in Milwaukie and unknown numbers in the Brasilia and we should still have plenty of extra pilots sitting around.

I agree. Nobody is going to win in this situation.

I would also assume that midwest will go tango- uniform within a year.

I wonder what that change in the pacific northwest operation meant on C's last I-share commentary... Positive or negative?

I wonder what that change in the pacific northwest operation meant on C's last I-share commentary... Positive or negative?

Is it still possible to have a 'positive' in this industry? :) I guess I will go with negative, unless there is some way to force people to fly more, pay more and turn the negative cashflow into a positive cashcow.

Is it still possible to have a 'positive' in this industry? :) I guess I will go with negative, unless there is some way to force people to fly more, pay more and turn the negative cashflow into a positive cashcow.

Bingo. They canceled classes on the bro despite our short staffing on FOs [speculation] because we will be parking enough EMBs to get rid of all or most of our at risk flying this fall. [/speculation]

Hmmm - I'm in the top 10 in the pool for hiring right now - I'm unemployed because skywest decided to cancel my class 4 days before starting, and was wondering when it looks like classes will be run again...

Hmmm - I'm in the top 10 in the pool for hiring right now - I'm unemployed because skywest decided to cancel my class 4 days before starting, and was wondering when it looks like classes will be run again...

Unfortunately I think you'll be swimming for a while. As long as SkyWest is flying United painted CRJ-700's all classes are run in the near future (September and on) all "new-hires" will be UAL furloughees. I spent a year in the SkyWest pool (and rightly so I might add) in 2003 as a result of the United-ALPA/SkyWest CRJ-700 contract.

Is there some kind of flowback provision for furloughed UAL pilots or something? Otherwise wouldn't it just be provisional hiring in order of seniority within the pool at skywest?... interesting.. this industry is nuts!

Turbomax - Sorry to hear about your situation. That sucks..... Here's hoping we see you are Skywest sometime soon.
There is no flowback but last time out UAL furloughs were given "preferential" hiring in exchange for growth. I wasn't aware they skipped people in the pool though. I think that sucks...

Cancelling your class 4 days ahead is not how I would have expected Skywest to behave. I can only assume that they knew if they went ahead with it that they would be furloughing you in the near term anyway.

Sucks.

As for those of us in the PNW, I don't think anything good will come out of Chip's comments.

Last edited:
I would rather have been furloughed to be honest with ya - I could have collected unemployment at least?... Oh well - It's just going to be fun making ends meet until skywest calls sometime between tomorrow and 5+ years from now? Haha.

Hopefully they don't hire ual guys prior to guy that were already given dates - that'd be kinda messed up since there's not a flow through agreement.

Latest resources

Back