Skywest denial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude,
I got the same letter 13 years ago from camila encey : and I had founders time....bunch of 207, navajo and metro time....I would still be there if they would have hired me.....

.......did you not meet the "three wife" minimum? Lol

Been out of work about six months and have about 5,200tt and 1,500 turbine pic. Thought it would be a good idea to apply to the commuter airlines to "get back in the mix". I've always been interested in working at SkyWest so I applied a few weeks ago; thinking that this would be a good opportunity to work there.

Got this message just a few hours ago: but I've removed my personal info...

To reply to this e-mail, reply to: [email protected].

xxxx xxxxxxx
[email protected]

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your expressed desire to work for SkyWest Airlines as a First Officer Pilot. We appreciate your enthusiasm to become a part of our team.

After reviewing your resume, we regret to inform you that you were not chosen at this time. However, we encourage you to monitor our website (www.skywest.com) for future job openings.

Best wishes for success in your employment endeavors and thank you again for your interest in SkyWest Airlines.

Sincerely,

SkyWest Airlines Recruitment

I couldn't stop laughing. Anyone want to explain this one to me? They'll interview an 800tt guy with no turbine but what about all of us guys who have been put on street by dirt-bag operators?

Maybe your cocky attitude precedes you, or maybe someone knows you and doesn't want you here. I happen to know from an interview team member that all the applicants on one of the interview days last week had between 3000 and 7000 hours. I'm glad you can't stop laughing... your positive attitude will help you get through the tough times.

Maybe your cocky attitude precedes you, or maybe someone knows you and doesn't want you here. I happen to know from an interview team member that all the applicants on one of the interview days last week had between 3000 and 7000 hours. I'm glad you can't stop laughing... your positive attitude will help you get through the tough times.
After reading YOUR condescending remark: Let me guess... You have 4,600 hours combined in the Brasila and CRJ and you sit at the hotel bar and tell every chick that will let you that you are a captain for either United or Delta!
Remember........ All of us are players in the big game! There is no rhyme or reason as too why some get hired and some don`t! So... You got yours and to hell with everyone else! I read the guys thread and no where did his comment come across as COCKY! Just remember something SKAFF... there are a lot of great guys out there that have more time sitting on toilet seats then you have sitting in airplanes..... you should consider humbling up!

After reading YOUR condescending remark: Let me guess... You have 4,600 hours combined in the Brasila and CRJ and you sit at the hotel bar and tell every chick that will let you that you are a captain for either United or Delta!
Remember........ All of us are players in the big game! There is no rhyme or reason as too why some get hired and some don`t! So... You got yours and to hell with everyone else! I read the guys thread and no where did his comment come across as COCKY! Just remember something SKAFF... there are a lot of great guys out there that have more time sitting on toilet seats then you have sitting in airplanes..... you should consider humbling up!

Yep... you pegged it on the nose... I'm a ******************************bagasshole. But I didn't put my resume up here I have no sense of entitlement. This guy laughs that SkyWest will "interview an 800tt guy with no turbine" and says "but what about all of us guys who have been put on street by dirt-bag operators" I say, that if they didn't want to hire him, it might not be because he's overqualled, but maybe because his attitude (sense of entitlement) precedes him. They do actually call your references, and maybe it just came out that he's a dick. He asked for someone to explain it to him, I did. Too much *************************footin' around and assumptions that his 5000 makes him a great guy to spend a 4 day trip with. Not to me. And thanks for the advice... a piece of humble pie could be good for all of us, including you.

You know what Skaff??? You are way too young and cocky to realize this sad fact, but I will try anyway.

The day will come when this industry rears back and kicks you square in the doodads.....I just hope that those around you have the class to show more compassion for their fellow pilot than you seem to be capable of.

It CAN happen to you, quicker and nastier than you ever imagined and way before you ever see it coming.

Never say never.....as pilots we live in a very small world full of glass houses surrounded by catapults, so always remember that the person you slam today will be hiring you tomorrow.

Think before you speak.

Rant over....flame away....I don't care....the loud shrill voice of experience will drown out anything clever you think you can say.

Last edited:
As an older experienced pilot told me.....

"Be careful of the back you step on as your climbing to the top. It is connected to the butt you will be kissing on the way back down"

I have no doubts I could get kicked to the curb. But if and/or when it happens, I won't come bitching on flightinfo that a company didn't want to hire me.

Latest resources

Back