Skywest CRJ sim training

Bernoulli

Total Time
some
Skywest sim question: How many hours in the CRJ sim for initial training? I think it is 5 sessions of 4 hours ... so a total of 20 hours, and then another 4 hours or so for 700/900 differences. Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

Chairman

Total Time
11000+
All the FTD was done in the sim too. It was a few years ago but it was over 40 hours in the sim before your checkride

Bernoulli

Total Time
some
All the FTD was done in the sim too. It was a few years ago but it was over 40 hours in the sim before your checkride
What does that mean...all the FTD. Doesnt FTD stand for flight trsining device?

Bernoulli

Total Time
some
Sorry ... I know what you mean now...The FTD is the the mock up where you practice your flows and get an idea where everything is. When I think of an FTD I think of the po-dunk simulators in flight schools wth no motion.

Buzo

The Jack of all trades
Total Time
Sorry ... I know what you mean now...The FTD is the the mock up where you practice your flows and get an idea where everything is. When I think of an FTD I think of the po-dunk simulators in flight schools wth no motion.
FTD is in the sim, but the motion is supposed to be off. Normally the first 4 sessions.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
There was a Skywest pilot (AF deployed) by the name of C.K. who appeared in this months AOPA. He's in Iraq teaching ground school on the side. Anyone know this guy?

Bernoulli

Total Time
some
So can any of you skywest guys confirm the amount of sim time. is it 20 hours plus 4 hours differences?

Brasilia Pup

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Total Time
enough
40 hours in the sim for the initial training (the 200), then extra hours for the 700/900 differences training.

Bernoulli

Total Time
some
So 20 hours FTD, 20 hours full motion, and then differences training 4 hours? Is that about right?

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
There was a Skywest pilot (AF deployed) by the name of C.K. who appeared in this months AOPA. He's in Iraq teaching ground school on the side. Anyone know this guy?

Okay... so no one knows him. He's a royal DB. Only reason I asked. Looks like he got his 15 minutes in AOPA teaching some old lifer in the USAF.

Brasilia Pup

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Total Time
enough
usually 40 hours in the sim w/motion on. Not sue how many FTD hours though.

spitfire1500

Total Time
Enough
usually 40 hours in the sim w/motion on. Not sue how many FTD hours though.
40 Hours in a motion sim...the pass rate must be excellent....I think most would be bored to death after about 24 hours or 6 sessions.