SkyWest Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skypine69 said:
Skywest doesnt need a contract. management is looking out for the pilots best interest.

Hhhhmmmmwwwaaaaahahahahahaha:laugh:

Hey, I was wondering which flavor you're sipping on? That must be some good stuff!!

I'll tell you one thing, skywest management is bar none, the best at making a sizeable portion of labor actually think that "management is looking out for the pilots best interest".

BigHangar said:
Hhhhmmmmwwwaaaaahahahahahaha:laugh:

Hey, I was wondering which flavor you're sipping on? That must be some good stuff!!

I'll tell you one thing, skywest management is bar none, the best at making a sizeable portion of labor actually think that "management is looking out for the pilots best interest".

I bet my next bonus check that he was joking

To Actually Answer Your Question...

Burt Reynolds said:
I guess I'm really more getting at how much you are paid, i.e. block or better, duty time, etc. as well as reserve rules, time off and such. I'm just trying to make a more informed decision about whether I should jump ship from where I'm at now.

Contracts or CBAs are a pretty boring read, but I don't think that there is anything against/wrong a non-employee or future applicant seeing it, is there?

I suppose I'll just try to extract the information from the search function...

Is the Brazillia really grandfathered under the 135 mins? I thought that you had to be 19 seats or less for that.

Burt,

For pay info, I'd check out airlinepilotcentral.com and look under airlines. Pay rates for nearly everyone are located there.

Pay = Credit, Block, or actual... whichever higher. You get paid for cancelations / mx if you are a line holder only. Days off usually 11-15. Per diem 1.60/hr from report to release. I think duty time is 16 hrs. Most days of a trip run anywhere from 2-3 legs to 4 -5. No vacation for the first year. Reserve rules... you have to be there but PBS (Preferential Bid System), is supposedly changing all this. It will be live at every domicile within a couple months. Min guarantee on the CRJ is 75 hrs/month and I think 85 on the bro. Lines are usually 82-95 hrs avg. credit. You don't get paid more for the 700 and will end up flying both if you're on the jet.

Brasilias are still under 135.

Hope this helps.

Steveair said:
Burt,

For pay info, I'd check out airlinepilotcentral.com and look under airlines. Pay rates for nearly everyone are located there.

Pay = Credit, Block, or actual... whichever higher. You get paid for cancelations / mx if you are a line holder only. Days off usually 11-15. Per diem 1.60/hr from report to release. I think duty time is 16 hrs. Most days of a trip run anywhere from 2-3 legs to 4 -5. No vacation for the first year. Reserve rules... you have to be there but PBS (Preferential Bid System), is supposedly changing all this. It will be live at every domicile within a couple months. Min guarantee on the CRJ is 75 hrs/month and I think 85 on the bro. Lines are usually 82-95 hrs avg. credit. You don't get paid more for the 700 and will end up flying both if you're on the jet.

Brasilias are still under 135.

Hope this helps.

But since they don't actually have a union contract, a pay cut and furlough from the top of the seniority list could be imposed tomorrow. Not likely, but possible.

Thanks for the replies.

Skypine, yeah, it does look like a few things are worse than what I've got now, but some things are better... Seems like I could get more time off where I'm at (AE), but a lot of good that is going to do me when I'm making 35k for the 8th or 9th year. ;) Oh wait, that's going to change any day now... haha

Now I've just got to get them to call back! haha

BigHangar said:

the constant reference to Kool Aid on this bitchboard is really tired, lame, and really used incorrectly.

Jim Jones convinced his followers to drink his Kool Aid at Jonestown and it killed them.

are we being 'killed' at SkyWest by allowing our management to do what they are supposed to do, which is minimize costs and maximize profits? that helps me when I get my bonus checks, the company remains competitive, flying oppurtunities increase, etc. by doing so, they are indeed 'looking our for me' by in like manner looking out for the overall health and strength of the company.

the analogy only works if we were being 'killed' with layoffs, pay cuts (yeah, yeah, 70 seat for 50....blah, blah, blah-I wasn't here then), etc.

instead, SkyWest thrives and most of us are happier working here than we would be elsewhere. our total pay is right in line with what the industry will allow. what is the problem with that? who is making so much more than me, has such a better schedule, and is so much better off? I would hope that all my counterparts at AE, XJet, Comair, etc. would be able to say the same about their companies. if they can't, they should look elsewhere. many have, and ended up coming here.

Got a couple more questions...

Fight benefits. Are you allowed to list on United/Delta (which ever side you're working on)? What type of pass? Does a United/Delta ramper's grandmother get better passes? Do you have to pay charges?

CASS?

Is reserve still "relatively" short in ORD?

Any idea of how many more aircraft SkyWest will be getting?

Thanks!

I see some brain surgeons on here rehashing the old--nice.

The best part is SkyWest makes more than most ALPO carriers do. So not only that they can also feel a sense of relief knowing they have done just fine all these years without a union and look at all that money they have saved. I say good for you SkyWest. Just at comair alone im sure we have wasted a darn fortune in dues. Thats the brilliant part skywest still gets the good deal and doesnt have to waste 2% of their check to get it. That should be considered a raise right there!! Kudos to SkyWest for keeping them off the property for so long. When is your next vote or is ALPA going to try and blindside everyone and trick them into signing those cards. All it takes is 50%+1... BEWARE the wrath of ALPO. They are hungry for your money.

Latest resources

Back