Skywest Contact at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~~~^~~~ said:
Just because the deal was on the table, doesn't mean it is still on the table.
I never said it was on the table, just stating what the president of ASA told me during a conversation. They speak out both sides of their mouths.

SuperKooter said:
If ASA would get the SKYW contract ALPA would become irrelevant that’s why we don't have it. ALPA is only looking out for their own Asses, for a group that claims to look out for pilots they seem to only look out for themselves.

Wrong. Even if we got and signed SKW's work rules into a contract we would still need ALPA to administer it, deal with grivances, etc.

SuperKooter said:
Pay increase on the 50 is all I care about, that and getting growth

There you go again. It's all about you.

Once again, if you can flap your jaws on this web board why don't you share your view with your fellow pilots in the crew lounge.

Once again, I didn't think so.

~~~^~~~ said:
There is absolutely no reason to believe that after he finishes with ASA, his next project with be SkyWest.

He has already begun on them. Cut the pay on the 50 seater.

Sinca3 said:
Brian Labrecque told me point blank he would sign the Skywest contract today if it were proposed to him. That was about 2.5 months ago. Funny they, company, hasn't proposed it?!?!

Yeah, and Skip said he would give us the CMR contract several years ago also.

How did that song go...Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

COOPERVANE said:
As for Pref bidding. I don't want it, and I'll bet you don't want it either. But our company has stated that after the contract has been settled, we will go to a pref bidding system, and that the pilots that they have spoken with want it also. I'm not sure who those pilots were.

They think they will go to PBS but that have to have approval.

SuperKooter said:
If ASA would get the SKYW contract ALPA would become irrelevant that’s why we don't have it. ALPA is only looking out for their own Asses, for a group that claims to look out for pilots they seem to only look out for themselves.

Just like you looking out for yourself?

Please, open your eyes, grow up and become a TRUE professional airline pilot instead of this little lap dog for the Company.

atrdriver said:
Wrong. Even if we got and signed SKW's work rules into a contract we would still need ALPA to administer it, deal with grivances, etc.

You don't need ALPA to administer a contract. You could have an inhouse union. Southwest has done fine.

JoeMerchant said:
You don't need ALPA to administer a contract. You could have an inhouse union. Southwest has done fine.

How do you expect us to finance an inhouse union when our average W2 is probably 1/4 of the average Southwest pilot's?

In your position in the MEC you should know full well that ASA ALPA receives more money from ALPA National than it pays back in dues.

SuperKooter said:
I've heard from more people than I can remember that the Skywest contract at ASA would be perfect and that they gladly vote for it. So why doesn't alpa try and push that on managment? (I already know why, I just want to hear what the ALPAites have to say)

You can't remember how many little pansy ass boy???? Why not???
You want to know why ALPA won't try to push it to mgt? Why don't you email or call one of the ALPA officers at ASA and ask them why. Then come back and tell us what you found out, ok? You management puke! Oh, what do you think of LaBreque getting almost one million in SKYW stcok options. How does that help control ASA costs and make us competitive?

Latest resources

Back