Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just an FYI....

Its Jerry Atkin, NOT Jerry Atkins.
(might be something you want to remember)

Fins

No one seems to pick up on the fact that SkyWest negotiated something ALPA has not been able to get for the ASA pilots - scope - sort of.

80% of Connection flying out of ATL is something. It also indicates that ASA is not going away through an asset transfer. In fact, it appears ASA picked up some 70 seaters, maybe as many as 28. The airplanes will be allocated by SkyWest holdings, but they came from options on the existing DCI buy.

I will bet that it was NOT Skywest that negotiated this. I think that it WAS Delta that insisted on this. I think they were trying to take care of us. I also wonder if Delta made sure that we could not fly any other code to compete against them. Just a thought.

homerjdispatch said:
Just an FYI....

Its Jerry Atkin, NOT Jerry Atkins.
(might be something you want to remember)
Homer, just an FYI, you don't have to be a tool to everyone. You might want to remember that, too.

Thanks for the advice. I will try my best!

(didnt realize some people are so sensitive)

Bluto said:
Homer, just an FYI, you don't have to be a tool to everyone. You might want to remember that, too.
It's a good thing to know your boss's name. There are tons of people at DAL/DCI that don't know how to pronounce Grinstein, or thought it was "Leo Mullins."

Tim47SIP said:
I also wonder if Delta made sure that we could not fly any other code to compete against them. Just a thought.

I'll try to find the quote but I'm sure it said ASA can fly other code.

AV8700 said:
I'll try to find the quote but I'm sure it said ASA can fly other code.

It did...I just listened to the meeting that fins posted...ASA will be able to operate for other codes. Also, Tim...come on, Delta wasn't trying to protect us at ASA...If there was anything they were trying to protect, and I would like to add that I think this was a skywest mandate (in terms of guaranteed flying for asa cause who wants to buy an airline that will lose all its passengers the moment it is purchased)...anyway, what i was saying was that if delta did put this in as you suggest, it would be to protect there hub..to keep Skywest from pulling out of atlanta and going to say chicago for United or something (just an example).

I still think that this was part of the agreement that was required more by Skykwest than by delta.

Also, something I picked up on that wasn't in fins notes which were excellent by the way, is that:

Atkin mentioned that the ASA pilot and FA contracts were still open and that this was not a contengency of the aquisition in any way. In other words, looks like we will be talkin to Skywest now...And there are already hints at Whipsaw unfortunately (when they spoke about extending the 80% Atlanta portion of the contract beyond 2007 as long as ASA remains competitive....

Latest resources

Back