Skywest classes!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

utahav8r

Got the best phone call of the year (until Publishers Clearing House calls, which they said they would in the last letter I got. Seriously! All my troubles are over! They said so!)
Anyway, Ashley called this morning from Skywest and said I was in the March 27th class. There are to be 24 in this class and the next class is scheduled for April 24th.
I feel like an "user" going through withdrawl since my furlough from Eagle in Nov... Finally back to a REAL JOB!!!

Last edited:
See ya there. Should I bring my moon boots and snow pants?

Tailwinds...

Hey Hey Poolies,
I got the same call this A.M. It really picked-up my day as I have been makeing jumpropes to get by lately. Thats right jumpropes, whatever pays the bills right? Look forward to seeing you at class. -Chico

For everybody with class dates at skywest.
Congrats!!!!! I can only imagine your excitement. Curious how you applied and any advice you might have to help.
Thanks and have fun!!

snine3departure

I applied on-line (SkyWest web site). The best advice was something I heard at a SkyWest open house and that was to get any current employee to right you a letter. If they were a pilot that had flown with you it counted for more. This may or may not have changed, but it can't hurt. Good Luck!

snine3...

Back when I took my Commercial and Multi checkrides, they happen to be with the current Chief Pilot in SLC for Skywest. I asked him for a recommendation. He said yes. Can you say I'm a lucky man? I can . . .

Do the online application and keep it current about every 200 hours or so...

Be PERSISTANT!!! Let them know that you want to be here.

Sorry I don't have something more general to tell you about getting an interview. But I would reiterate what was said earlier about having a current employee (or employee'S - plural) write you some letters. This company thinks highly of it's current employees!

Hope to see you here soon too!

(If not, I thought I just read about a jumprope making job that might be open ;) )

Last edited:
Cogrants to New Hires..Some Tips

Congratulations on the class. The wait is long but worth it. You are going to work for the best regional airline in the business...trust me.

Now you only have 3 weeks to get ready. Bug your SkyWest buddies for a copy of the Brasilia SOP. Learn the flows now...they are very time consuming...at least up to the Originating Check (very lengthy). Know the limitaions...they are in your packets. Memory Items too (not hard).

Fly a sim...any sim for currency. But fly it at 180 knots, approaches at 130, because that's what you will get in training. On-line the Brasilia will do 250+...the Saab 340 won't.

But most of all remeber this. The training is thorough. They don't want anyone to fail...there is no quota on that. There will be a lot to know, but you can do it. The instructors are very cool, and everyone loves their job. Congratulations to you all.

100%

To the best of my knowledge, the Jan 2. class, other than people that quit for other reasons is 100%

Latest resources

Back