• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest CEO meets with ASA "leaders" Q&A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bottom line is the less they pay the pilots then the less they sell the seats for. Their profit margins aren't going anywhere but up. Salaries go down then Seat prices go down.

VOTE NO ON THE WORTHLESS 1.2%

VOTE UNION = LIVE BETTER

bmpilot2003 said:
The reason why Skywest is not looking at the E-170/190 is because of the dispatch reliability of those planes. Which currently at $hit taco is 30-40%, while the SkyWest/ASA RJs are in 80% range.

I suspect the dispatch reliability of SKYW RJ's is far higher than 80%.

bmpilot2003 said:
The reason why Skywest is not looking at the E-170/190 is because of the dispatch reliability of those planes. Which currently at $hit taco is 30-40%, while the SkyWest/ASA RJs are in 80% range.

It is the first time I have looked this up, but so far I found that at ASA for the MONTH of August our entire fleet had a 98% dispatch reliability.

I would imagine that means an average well abobe 90% for the CRJ fleet.

Medeco

I orignally said 80% because i didnt want to overstate the numbers. I also new that the number was most likely in the 90s. The fact of the matter is the CRJ is much more reliable than the "E-180".

bmpilot2003 said:
I orignally said 80% because i didnt want to overstate the numbers. I also new that the number was most likely in the 90s. The fact of the matter is the CRJ is much more reliable than the "E-180".
Is this your way of saying you pulled those numbers out of your ass?

no actually between Skywest and ASA i was told 80-90%, ASA being the lowers of the two. Just didnt make that very clear i guess.

When ASA first recieved the RJ's the dispatch reliability was so bad that GE sent techs in to help because their worldwide numbers for the engines was being hurt. The engine reliability was in the high 99's. ASA, with their short legs, at the time, were really putting a strain on them.

In fact the warranties had to be renegotiated because ASA said that the average cycle would be a little over an hour, like 1.2 or something. Of course back then they were running to CHA, MYR, MCN, AVL, PFN etc.

bmpilot2003 said:
By the looks of it management will probably cram a yes vote down all our throats and we will be flying 705s and 900s for 50 seat pay.
Cram a yes-vote down our throats? How exactly do you think they're going to do that? Here's an easy way to avoid that unpleasant scenario: VOTE NO.

Anyone consider the effect the E170 would have on ASA's parking plan?

Latest resources

Back