Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest celebrates "Breast Cancer Awareness Month...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so...i just read the memos. I'm guessing i should still go for the PPO for now, but the question is why are they pushing this CDHA so much? I'm guessing it saves a lot of money.

so...i just read the memos. I'm guessing i should still go for the PPO for now, but the question is why are they pushing this CDHA so much? I'm guessing it saves a lot of money.

you forgot one word in your post, its the word "them" and it belongs after the word "saves" and before the word "alot"

we dont want anyone to get the impression that we (the employees) are saving squat, quite the contrary!

Yeah this doesn't look like a good option at all as we all get older. Hopeing to hear something from ALPA addressing this as its pretty clear in the contract that they can't just force this thing on us.

From the IDIOTS in ASA communications department

1Q: Why is SkyWest, Inc. moving to only Consumer-Driven Health Plans (CDHP) in 2012?
1A: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]SkyWest, Inc. believes that Consumer-Driven Health Plans (CDHP) are the way of the future, and want to position ASA and SkyWest employees favorably for any changes coming as a result of health care insurance reform. A CDHP, coupled with appropriate wellness programs, will result in significant savings for many of our employees as well as for ASA. The majority of employees are unaware of the cost of certain medical procedures or hospital visits. Without the exposure in purchasing health care services, it is nearly impossible to be aware of these costs. With a CDHP, all of us are motivated to think about the overall costs of services obtained, and not just the premium paid for health coverage. SkyWest, Inc. and ASA support the idea of consumerism and wants employees to take control of the money they spend on their health care. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]So let me get this straight....You want to force this plan on us so we become aware of health care costs? ie.. because WE WILL PAY FOR THEM NOW instead of the insurance company.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]This memo looks like a high school senior wrote it. Thank God I will be motivated to think about costs now!!!! Great benefits!!
[/FONT]

Last edited:
The PPO should still be offered to the pilots unless we get a new contract by then...

"1. All Insurance benefits (e.g., life, dependent life, medical,
long-term disability, dental, loss of license, etc.) that are
presently offered to the pilots, or hereinafter made available
to Company employees, will continue to be offered
and will be made available on the same terms to the pilots.
If any improvements or additions in the current policies are
offered to other employee groups within the Company, the
same improvements or additions will be offered to the
pilots."

However, I've been on the HDHP plan for the last 2 years and think that it's a good deal for relatively healthy people.

I sure hope this is correct. The union better not cave to the company on this.

Yeah; I thought that was funny too, Coopervane. Kinda like lube for the ramming about to come down from Obama.

Latest resources

Back