Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: 03-31-03 class

hotwing said:
Does anyone know if the 03-31 class is still on schedule or has it been postponed as well?

a friend of mine was originally slated for 3/3, then 3/31, and now is being told that his class is postponed 'indefinately'

everyonedoa360 said:
I agree with House_X , but it should be Skywest/ACA :):cool:

Pacific Coast, Atlantic Coast... lets just call it CCA, Coast to Coast Airlines.... Of course with Skywest stapled to the bottom of ACA :)

retiring some of the e120(s)

I was just informed that the reason for the slow down is that they are retiring some of the E120(s) earlier than expected and this is why the classes were placed on hold for now. Hope this gives everyone a little heads up...

SkyWest Hiring

I've heard from very reliable sources that hiring has been suspended as well. Recently, SkyWest has had to postpone EMB upgrade classes, postpone CRJ new-hire classes and cancel EMB new-hire classes. This invariably creates a pool of applicants, and therefore relieves the pressure for more pilots.

Also, SkyWest needs to assess their current situation. There have been so many pilots upgrading and transitioning, plus all the new-hires. IOE at one point was 3-4 weeks behind, and now that's caught up to 2 weeks.

Rumor mills are churning out some pretty good stuff lately-- and the last people to have the answers are the pilots.

I had an interview in April. Also got the call. Very disappointed. Wonder how long the freeze will last?

House X-- unstoppable hmm... I dont think that RJ economics would support that. Very high seat mile costs. Trying to compete with 737-700's and 717's and even a-320's just would not work. Unless you are talking turbo prop economics on 1-2 hour legs then you might have something

Dogg- if they built 130 seat airplanes and called them RJs, the economics (seat mile costs, etc.) would be significantly lower than 737-700s purely based on labor. If memory serves me correctly, 737-700s generally holds 132 with first class...

Is there something I'm missing?

Check out the thread- "Overstating the Obvious"

Last edited:
dogg,

Point-to-point service. As far as RJ economics...Darwinism. People are tired of hub and spoke and are willing to pay a few dollars more for the convenience...the airlines have to evolve or die. ACA and Skywest are in a great position to grab the market. Skywest used to run their own routes in the west in your beloved SA-227. The days of "majors" breast feeding us with lucrative departure contracts are gone. Let's unite and give the flying public what they are thirsting for...Friendly, reliable point-to-point service.

I'm willing to bet some of it has to do with the fact that Mesa is going to get some of Skywest's routes.............or something to this effect. I've been following some of the posts on here, and talking with some friends at Mesa, it seems something about taking over some of Skywests routes has been in the cards for sometime, bidding lower on them in the RJ's. Forgive me if this is vague, I'm a lowly freight dog, and couldn't give a hill of beans about J4J, or anything else making $1,000 a month has to offer.

Mesa has only been awarded the mountain cities currently served by AirWis and SkyWest. AirWis's 328s should be gone by July and Mesa is to start in June with their 10 Dash 8s. I haven't heard from anyone what will happen to SkyWest's 120s based in Denver. Mesa has NOT been awarded RJ flying, taking over anyone's routes or starting new routes for UAL. Not SkyWest's current flying, not AirWis not ANYONE. You're friends at Mesa are suffering from wishful thinking that is based on rumor. Do us all a favor and talk to your friends at Mesa and tell them to vote "no" on that spineless TA.

Later!

S.

Latest resources

Back