• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Cabin Nazi?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The brand name is "Cares." It is FAA approved and requires the sewn on label/sticker, "Approved for aircraft use only." They are approved for use during all phases of flight. In is interesting to note: if the child using the system (up to 44lbs) has a ticketed seat, then they are subject to the FSB at all times; if it's a lap child using an "open" seat then they are only required to use it at the parent's discretion. Go figure.

Thats pretty funny. I have no idea what my specific company stance is on this one since its not in my book and I haven't come across it yet. Next time I sit airport reserve maybe I'll be bored enough to ask the inflight sup...but that would cut into nap time :)

If by "Nazi" you mean someone enforcing FAA regulations, and not responsible for killing 6-10 million people, then yeah, Skywest's got a few of those.

Thats pretty funny. I have no idea what my specific company stance is on this one since its not in my book and I haven't come across it yet. Next time I sit airport reserve maybe I'll be bored enough to ask the inflight sup...but that would cut into nap time :)

LOL brother...that's true! Be well and keep the dirty side down!

I've had a few hotel computers deny me access to this thread because it contained the work "nazi."

I have three girls...probably the greatest kids a guy could be blessed with. They are very respectful, thoughtful, and great students. I raised them and continue to do so the best I know how, and that included the occasional spanking when warranted.

For those whom express opinions on childcare without the having endured the trials and triumphs, you are beyond stupidity. Those whom preach childrearing mastery, are like company.

As for the flight attendant...
She was not doing her job. At least, not to its warranted potential. If she was doing her job, this thread would have never started. She was right to remove the car seat, but obviously failed miserably in tact and service. Handling conflict successfully is rarely found skill at airlines these days - sometimes through lack of experience, and sometimes a lack of caring.

Think the posters complaint has merit.

Well the car seat is not the problem.
1) why would you have kids in the first place
2)why bring a kid on a plane
3)that plane was far too big to be at a regional being flown by snotnose, low time, low experience, and dangerous pilots.

That is all.

How did the FA "all of a sudden" notice that it wasnt FAA approved? Im sure we are not getting 100% of the info here, but she is just covering her own a$$. Fa's get paid $hit and they have alot to worry about with the FAA as well. Maybe her customer service skils werent up to par that day or maybe you werent happy that your kid was crying for so long, who knows. At least you know for next time.

Latest resources

Back