• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe not scabs, but I still don't like em'. Bash all you want, I just know that while we have been shrinking, skywest has grown by leaps and bounds with aircraft that should have been ours. I sat reserve for close to two years, and now we have 80 guys on the street, yet skwest is overstaffed and sending guys to Atl to cover our flying. That debacle cost us about three days of irregularity, but threeweeks later I'm still seeing skywest 200's in Atl. Do you all really think they are just helping us out for a maint. fck up? We are short handed now and you can't trade trips due to low coverage every friggin' day. I think they are trying to forestall a fourlough at skywest and keep our guys out on the street long enough to make it cost effective. But hey, what do I know, you all are the butt buddies with the skywest folk so you tell me. And yes I am a captain here.
\

Way to go ALPA!!!

W

That debacle cost us about three days of irregularity, but threeweeks later I'm still seeing skywest 200's in Atl.
What part of "aircraft shortage below the number needed to operate a full and efficient operation due to several, unfortunate damaging incidents" do you not understand? Sorry if that comes off as a bit snarky, compadre, but I really hate having to explain really simple logic to pilots more than once. Twice is tolerable in the event that I perhaps wasn't clear the first time around. Three or more times and one could begin to question the listener's/reader's cognitive reasoning abilities...:D

Wait...this is you, isn't it? IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Last edited:
From the best I can tell, this sentiment is in the minority at ASA. The majority of us (ASA pilots) appreciate SKYW helping ASA out of a self inflicted jam.

Why don't we just skip all this bickering all together? One list, anyone? Orange whip? Orange whip? Who wants an Orange whip (one list)?

How many ASA -200's are out of service right now?
1. Hangar accident
2. Hangar accident
3. The fire in FL
4. SAV??

It's at least 3, that's why there are a few SkyWest 200's covering for you guys in ATL. Luckily skywest was able to cover this, otherwise it would be freedom, pinnacle, etc and ASA would be losing tons of money for poor completion.

When SkyWest needs help rest assured ASA will be covering for us.

I can't wait until things pick up again so we can all stop bickering amongst ourselves and join hands and complain about not being able to get time off and how the wet behind the ears, low time pilots, they are hiring are a safety issue.

Latest resources

Back