Skywest/ASA one list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

One or more unions representing ASA employees may seek a single carrier determination by the National Mediation Board, which could require SkyWest Airlines to recognize such union or unions as the certified bargaining representative of SkyWest Airlines' employees. One or more unions representing ASA employees may also assert that SkyWest Airlines' employees should be subject to ASA collective bargaining agreements.

With this statement from Skywest in their recent 10-K filing any reason why the ASA MEC has never attempted to have the two company's pilot senority lists merged? Is this not in their best interest?

Last edited:
With this statement from Skywest in their recent 10-K filing any reason why the ASA MEC has never attempted to have the two company's pilot senority lists merged? Is this not in their best interest?
if the lists were merged, there would have to be a vote on union representation for the newly formed list. There would be no guarantee of a "yes" vote and therefore a chance of a "no" vote. A "no" vote would nullify the current CBA that ASA pilots have....or thats how it was explained to me.

This sort of "hypothetical" stuff is always included in 10K's and forward looking statements in general. Not a whole lot new here.

If the SKYW guys would get ALPA on property, I think this might happen. Without ALPA, there's no way I would risk the existing agreement to the whims of Inc..

What would the point be? Past precedent with Freedom and Go Jet have shown the NMB would likely not side with the union requesting single carrier status. Why waste the time and money on an effort that would go no where?

Won't happen and most don't want it. I'm happy with what we have (and think there will be some improvements in the next contract) and it wouldn't get any better under one list.

SKYW has worse insurance etc. We don't need it.

Won't happen and most don't want it. I'm happy with what we have (and think there will be some improvements in the next contract) and it wouldn't get any better under one list.

I would wager ours will change.. And the union won't do anything to stop it.

We are just a preview. Watch out.

U R The Union.

Not so fast... A lot of us voted for some new people in hopes we would see new faces at the top... The same exact people were put right back up on the MEC.

-Are we really being represented when anyone who has any different or new ideas is drummed out? I am very concerned that our leadership has become more concerned with their own individual needs rather than our collective need.

-Remember how long we saw the same people at the top of Comair's MEC? We sure don't want that mess.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back