Skywest/ASA merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HoserASA said:
BTW, ASA is now officially CAT II certified, it seems many of our "brothers" saw fit to do all those practice approaches--you know, to help the company out.

Have heard the company sent IPs out to fly and do the approaches. Don't know if this is true or not though.

Not true.

jehtplane said:
Not true.

This is what the IP's in recurrent ground were saying. The only probs were that the CAT II forms were not being filled out exactly as the feds wanted. Now that the forms have been redone, we will be all set for CAT II.

I haven't done a single CAT II, but there must have been some busy little company bees out there.

jehtplane said:
YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! .Look forward to having you in my right seat!!!!!!!!

Not gonna happen wey. I've a good mind to apply to Skywest just to get that week of seniority more than you after they staple your a$$. Don't even think about touching my gear handle wey, your just there to do my radios and adjust the A/C.

Hugs
Gordy

:rolleyes: It cracks me up at how much time we all spend on a subject that "WILL NEVER HAPPEN!" We all must be very board.....Or just trying to kill some airport appreciation time....!

It cracks me up that so many self-proclaimed experts are so willing to state categorically what "WILL NEVER HAPPEN", or what will happen, when they have absolutely no control over it. Whether it happens or not has nothing to do with the ASA pilots threatening to "burn this place down" or the SkyWest pilots insisting on a staple. It's all empty threats and rhetoric until something concrete (and decided well above our collective pay-grades) happens.

ArcticFlier said:
PBR has it right. SKYW, with one exception (SunAire), doesn't buy airlines. SKYW buys assets (West Air).

We'll see.....................

AF :cool:

Skywest buying assets is a play on words. At ASA we are often referred to as assets of Delta Air Lines. I think the deal is alive and well in some form, and keep in mind that both ASA and CMR are Delta assets.

Plug said:
Skywest buying assets is a play on words. At ASA we are often referred to as assets of Delta Air Lines. I think the deal is alive and well in some form, and keep in mind that both ASA and CMR are Delta assets.

OK...let's be a bit more clear. SKYW buys "equipment", and "interviews" people. So says SGU. Research what happened to the SKYW/West Air dealio.

AF :cool:

Latest resources

Back