• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/ASA merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like a great party ( im in there like swim wear) The bastard children of skywest!

P.S. to the " pee in her but guy" priceless
Have not cried laughing in a while!

SpyFlysDOTs said:
Dont you think Delta might be concerned with completion rate?
Just wait till you see the completion rate when the low ball airline gets the flying!
Today D closed at 2.97
Today oo closed at 21.0+

And your point is about the stock price? Yes, your stock is higher, great. IF Delta ever decided to dump you guys for some reason, it would fall. That is my point. We were up over $20 dollars for a long time too, and then 9-11 happened. I guess nothing could ever happen to you guys......

As far as the completion rate, there would have to be a good one to stay at DCI, and that would be monitored. How is CHQ's completion rate? I bet it is good.

Bye Bye--General Lee

As far as the completion rate, there would have to be a good one to stay at DCI, and that would be monitored. How is CHQ's completion rate? I bet it is good

Completion rate comparison is a crock of sh!t when dealing with a fee for departure outfit. They are always going to have a high completion rate because they will run a flight hours upon hours late to get the fee. Who cares if your running empty and 7 hours late....just run the trip.

If these outfits were ever given a "window" of opportunity to get the flight in for credit towards the completion rate, you might start to see an efficient outfit. Although, you'd probably end up seeing those 98+% rates come down to the low 90s or maybe even lower.

I wonder, I wonder....

If SkyWest saw DAL for what it is, a sinking ship and jumped what would happen to DAL's stock? Might send a signal that even a loyal contractor thinks its doomed and send your stocks down down down.

You're not in the drivers seat nearly as much as you would like to think.

Eastern
Pan Am
TWA
DAL?

If SkyWest saw DAL for what it is, a sinking ship and jumped

Russ,

Where do you think SkyWest could go if they dumped DAL? Outside of parking the Delta fleet, they are tied to Delta and their future hinges on the success, or lack of, of Delta.

Russ said:
I wonder, I wonder....

If SkyWest saw DAL for what it is, a sinking ship and jumped what would happen to DAL's stock? Might send a signal that even a loyal contractor thinks its doomed and send your stocks down down down.

Eastern
Pan Am
TWA
DAL?

Russ, Russ, Russ,

Um ok. Add in there Alleghany, United Feeder Service, and ACA/Indy. where did they go? United got rid of ACA, and they turned into INDY, and aren't doing that great. You could be next. As I said before, your name should be DEPENDANCE AIR. What about USair and United? United, your buddy, doesn't have a real plan after 3 years in Chap 11. USAir has gone to court twice in three years. Both are still around. Delta actually has a good plan (Song, ditching DFW, Simplifares, Operation Clockwork in ATL, some pay cuts, stopping the Defined benefit plans, etc) but was late in implementing it. High gas prices have stopped our progress. More will have to be done. But, we also have a good chance of getting pension reform from Congress, which was a huge elephant on our back. So, even if we do go into Chap 11, it sounds like we have a good chance of coming out.(we would go in with enough cash to come out too---we have $2 billion right now) And, to top it off, I heard ASA would have DOH at SkyWest.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Look Mr. I have nothing to do with my life, EVER!!! has 5 more posts to reach the 5,000 mark! What an accomplishment! Or what a social retard?

General, Get out of your cave and go do something creative? Maybe like try to get laid for the first time?

HA HA HA. You are right, I am almost at 5,000 posts. I can't believe it. I have enjoyed this board from day 1, which was a long time ago. You have no clue what I do in my spare time, and I have a lot of fun with my wife. I do a lot of turns to the Carribean, so I actually have the ability to be on this board quite often. I don't care what you think. You really do think you are cool though. Keep going with your bad self........ You are awesome. DUMBA$$.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Russ said:
I wonder, I wonder....

Eastern
Pan Am
TWA
DAL?

Note to Russ: If Delta's stock goes "down down down" and SkyWest being such a "loyal contractor" decides to jump ship I really hope they have a plan to replace the loss of DAL flying. Mesa and Chautauqua would take the SkyWest routes at a cheaper price before SkyWest could even find a place to park their aircraft. From the way your post is worded, it sounds like you would really like Delta to go tango uniform.

chperplt said:
Where do you think SkyWest could go if they dumped DAL? Outside of parking the Delta fleet, they are tied to Delta and their future hinges on the success, or lack of, of Delta.
I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there Chperplt. True, DAL is the majority of our feed, but we still do a substantial amount for UAL as well (roughly 40%). SkyWest has and continues to be in discussions with pretty much every major partner out there, and is always looking to diversify. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an agreement with NWA, or CAL in the near future. It'd be tough to lose Delta, but I don't think it'd be as devastating as you seem to think. The suits in SGU have planned for every contingency, including DAL and/or UAL folding. For now, our growth depends on the survival (not necessarily health) of our major partners. When UAL went into bankruptcy, it meant substantial growth for us. While I'd rather see a healthy, growing partner, it doesn't always hold true that our success is tied to theirs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back