Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AAsRedHeadedbro

Havin' fun at the track!
I was sitting there in my EMB-145 one day last week and darn if I didn't have my camera. In front of my aircraft were three Delta Connection CRJ's painted essentially identically. Two were side by side and one was on the runway, position and hold. I could've gotten all three framed in one picture had I had a camera with me. The thing that got my attention however was the fact that one jet was operated by ASA, Comair operated the second jet, and Skywest operated the third jet.

Additionally, I noticed today that Skywest is going to be starting six roundtrips a day to Kansas City from DFW. Hasn't DFW traditionally been exclusively an ASA hub? It's obvious why Delta is doing this: they don't want another disruption of service at a hub in the future if one of their regional partners strikes. This, of course, greatly diminishes the bargaining power of all the regional partners. Talk about Whipsawing!

Seeing those three RJ's operated by three different airlines made me wonder: what do you folks who compete for the Delta feed think about the fact that Delta is using your three airlines to compete against each other in the same hub?

I really am curious.

Anyone? Nobody has any feelings, good or bad, about this topic?

Again, I'm just curious because it looks like Delta has begun to overlap most of its feed and now AMR (my company) is beginning to do the same.

What do you Delta codeshare folks think?

Latest resources

Back