SkyWest Anouncement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

auspac

Now that the ASA vote is complete I believe we will have SkyWest news soon. Tomorrow morning perhaps?

Yep. There's going to be a three way merger between SkyWest Inc, United, and Delta. With their $500M cash to sweeten the deal SkyWest Inc becomes the acquiring partner. DAL, United, ASA, and SkyWest Airlines become wholly owned subs and are now all whipsawed against each other. SkyWest airlines will operate CRJ200. CRJ700, CRJ900, B737-300, B737NG, B747-400, B75-6, B777, B787; all on a "blended rate" of $104 per hour.

Also, as part of the deal, Brian LeBrecque will be required to sit in the penalty box at ORD wearing a dunce cap for six hours a day. Glenn Tilton will be put in a dunk tank at the annual Christmas party. Richard Anderson is forced to move in with Doug Steenland in a double wide in Bemidji MN. Finally, the statue of Moroni is removed from the top of the Temple and replaced with a golden bust of Jerry Atkin playing the sax.

You heard it here first!

Brian LeBrecque will be replaced by Brad Holt, SkyWest Airlines VP of flight operations.

This will be formally announced Wednesday or Friday.

For SkyWest Airlines Klen Brooks will be the interim VP of ops.

...that and we're going to fly planes for Southwest.

one, or the other, is true. (maybe both)

I'm surprised it took this long for this rumor to make it here. This one's been traded around for the last few weeks.

The 2 announcements that are to be coming forth very soon are;

1) Skywest will codeshare for Southwest. Rumor also has it that Pinnacle may get some of the work too.

2) Skywest has already signed a deal with Delta to take over all the LAX flying from XJT. (Announcement may be delayed till late Jan.)

The 2 announcements that are to be coming forth very soon are;

1) Skywest will codeshare for Southwest. Rumor also has it that Pinnacle may get some of the work too.

2) Skywest has already signed a deal with Delta to take over all the LAX flying from XJT. (Announcement may be delayed till late Jan.)

I have heard the rumor No.1 many times but it still seems far fetched, hopefully it comes true!

Rumor No.2 is already in the works as United has dropped it's hub dominance rules, basically before United prohibited us from having substantial lift for someone else at their large hubs.

I have heard the rumor No.1 many times but it still seems far fetched, hopefully it comes true!

Rumor No.2 is already in the works as United has dropped it's hub dominance rules, basically before United prohibited us from having substantial lift for someone else at their large hubs.

Personally, I hope that RJ growth is over- I'd rather see the mainline carriers grow with mainline equipment and pay. Wouldn't you rather see Southwest grow with more 737's?

Personally, I hope that RJ growth is over- I'd rather see the mainline carriers grow with mainline equipment and pay. Wouldn't you rather see Southwest grow with more 737's?

Finally someone that sees the big picture!

Where did you hear about this announcment? I have'nt heard anything although I have been off for the past 11 days so maybe I'll hear something at work this week.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back