• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest and USAir?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I read that US wants to expand small jet service to feed the west coast destinations. (LAS, LAX, PHX, SEA)

Really?

So US agreed to put their passengers on a plane not branded by them to go to the small west coast markets?

Really?

I don't think US would be cool with their passengers getting on a UA or DAL branded CRJ, and how do you get them to SLC, DEN, or DFW without making them connect twice, once at the US hub, once at the SKYW hub?

-Boo!

I dont know if this is true or not.

But United and USAir do have a marketing agreement, so there are United Planes being filled with USAIrways pax and visaversa. I didnt think it involved the RJs though.

The deal is done!

This is not rumor: loaded into the computer July 13th with service starting on the 26th.

Splert…:cool:

From SkyWest......

...."USAirways and United are currently working together to implement the first phase of a broad code-sharing agreement and SkyWest is the first United Express carrier to operate with the USAirways code. City pairs in Phase 1 of the agreement include two SEA markets (GEG and PDX) and six SFO markets (BOI/EUG/FAT/MRY/SBA/SMF).

Service will be loaded July 13 and with July 24 as the first day of operation. Flight numbers have not been assigned yet."

easy spirit said:
From SkyWest......

...."SkyWest is the first United Express carrier to operate with the USAirways code"

Mesa currently operates about 60% of USX flights and is already a UAX carrier, so I'd say, SkyWest isn't the first.

However, it looks like it's a done deal.

-Boo!

stillaboo said:
Mesa currently operates about 60% of USX flights and is already a UAX carrier, so I'd say, SkyWest isn't the first.

Oh, I forgot.....Mesa just started as a UAX carrier what 8 days ago???

P.S. Dang Boo, those things are HYPNOTIZING!!!!

Latest resources

Back