• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest and the future of the Brasilia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
keep in mind a bro is probably using much less kerosene than a crj on the shorter routes. don't forget about the almighty $.

Last edited:
Bottom line: No one knows. Rumors of its' demise are as old as jazzercise but we are still flying it. I have heard from unreliable sources that the leases will run out between '08 and '11, but nothing of replacements.

what do you mean unreliable BH put out an email stating that the last lease runs out in 11' and that they are looking at other aircraft. Using the term looking very loosely.

From Skywest employees: some routes are definitely not for CRJ 200's, like SUN, JAC etc. Without the leading edge devices, they are unable to make the required descent angles in certain cases, and the EMB remains the more suitable aircraft.

That's what the leading edge devices are for? Required descent angles?
........OK

what do you mean unreliable BH put out an email stating that the last lease runs out in 11' and that they are looking at other aircraft. Using the term looking very loosely.

Skywest Brasilias are leased? Wow. ASA owned all of ours, in fact there's probably a bunch of them still sitting in Hot Springs. I heard ASA was practically giving them away for a while just to get them off our hands. Gulfstream is flying several of them, the rest seem to have gone overseas or to freight or NASCAR teams.

I'm surprised Skywest hasn't put them to use, or at least used them for spare parts.

Skywest Brasilias are leased? Wow. ASA owned all of ours, in fact there's probably a bunch of them still sitting in Hot Springs. I heard ASA was practically giving them away for a while just to get them off our hands. Gulfstream is flying several of them, the rest seem to have gone overseas or to freight or NASCAR teams.

I'm surprised Skywest hasn't put them to use, or at least used them for spare parts.

Skywest use to own a bunch of them. Im not sure if those ones are still here, i think they sold them already.

When I was in HOT week before last I counted 23 Bro's on the ramp.. somebody is using them.. they move around a good bit.. looked like a couple stripped for parts.. saw at least a couple being repainted in new colors with Airline names that weren't english...

cale

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back