Skywest and CRJ1000's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They were. It is called the 717.
Very true. Joe Leonard said they don't cost a whole lot more to operate than the CRJ back when AirWisconsin was doing the AirTran flying - and - AirTran was supposed to have gotten these for less than Delta purchased the CRJ's for. AirTran was begging for more 717's if they could get Boeing to put the MD88's additional fuel and a slightly better wing on the airplane for transcons. Boeing said no and AirTran was so annoyed they looked hard at the Airbus option before remaining with Boeing.

As far as Boeing is concerned, little airplanes equal little profits. Particularly if they have to compete with heavily subsidized Brazilian and Canadian companies. Boeing apparently has a home run on its hands with the 787 and will probably get on with a 737 replacement as soon as the majority of the Certification is completed on the 787.

A US Manufacturer in the 100 seat race would probably be in worse shape than Douglas and Lockheed found themselves in with the DC10 and L1011. Both were good designs but the competition prevented either from breaking even. The L1011 chased Lockheed out of civil aviation forever and the DC-10-30 based MD11 put Douglas completely out of business. Boeings decision to stay out, then build the 767 was an excellent call.

I think Bombardier has spent nearly a Billion, maybe more, and has another couple Billion to go before it fields a E170/190 style jet. They have a target market slightly above the Embraer product, but that is well within striking range of the smaller versions of Boeing's rumored 737 replacement. Bombardier and Canadian politicians have obviously struggled with this decision for a couple of years now....

Yes and I heard he left a black briefcase behind the third step of the La Tour Belvedere' where there was a red flower in the window of the fourth floor apartment. Then was seen getting into a car with a albino KGB Agent. Donald Rumsfield said they had evidence that there is a plot to shut down ASA and offer their First Officer's preferential interviews at SkyWest. After hearing Stan Knight was picked to do the Sim Evals in the E120 Box most of the ASA Captains are lined up in front of Wal Mart trying to get jobs as greeters. At least that is what I was told when I was at the Wal Mart this morning. Anyone know the trick to getting the Wal Mart interview? They were not impressed with my total time, or PIC.

Dang it! Now I gotta go remake my tin foil hat!

If Inc. does get those tubes, it will probably be flown by the ASAholes.

But I doubt JA wants those on property.

Excuse me lance LOST YOUR NUTS!!! We are the ones FIGHTING for a contract....not just getting one off the backs of others! What a Jack ASS!!!

Originally Posted by A-V-8
Just FYI. CRJ 900. Mesa is the only operator in this country. 86 seats...but I am not sure.
I'm pretty sure the airplane I flew last week said CRJ 900 on it. Right on the side and everything.

Check your facts.

-JP

You are correct...
The 705 is only operated by ONE airline, Air Canada Jazz. It is a -900 with a different winglet and a different model number.

OO operates -900's with 76 seats. (and I would imagine soon to be 86 seats)

JetBlue and USAirways have some pretty regional jungle-jets as well.

Still wondering why JetBlue got pissed when I said that I had the JetBlue regional jet in site! :pimp:

They had the first unproffesional comment I'd ever heard JetBlue make on center!

Last edited:
OO operates -900's with 76 seats. (and I would imagine soon to be 86 seats)
Man, I really hope not. Besides, I'm pretty sure that Delta's scope clause says connection carriers are limited to 76 seats. It also says that if even ONE mainline pilot is furloughed, every single 900 has to be reverted to 70 seats (or less) immediately.

Actually, with any luck, those planes, if in the Delta system at all, will go to Delta mainline. If not, it will be bad for all of us. I know it's hard for some, but try to think long term on this one.
-Blucher

If they do go to Delta mainline they'll be flown by a 2-yr Captain for $88 bucks an hour or a new hire FO for $56.

What exactly do you find exciting about that?

If they do go to Delta mainline they'll be flown by a 2-yr Captain for $88 bucks an hour or a new hire FO for $56.

Its better than going to a regional in which a 12 year CA will fly it for $88 and a 4 year FO will fly it for $45.

How can more jobs at a real airline be a bad thing?

The sad part here is that you don't know the answer to your own question.

-Blucher

Latest resources

Back